PDA

View Full Version : The Chat

Anatotitan
12-23-2008, 05:12 PM
First off, I'd like to say CONGRATS to the Speed Gamers for putting on such an awesome show. You guys went above and beyond, and it all went to a great cause. Well done, and thanks for all the hard work!

However, I think this marathon proved that the chat may need to be overhauled to some degree.

Now let me stress that the chat by no means ruins the shows, so I'm not saying that the chat will drive people away if it remains unchanged. I'm just saying that a few changes might improve the experience for everyone involved.

The interactivity with the Speed Gamers is of course part of the marathon's appeal. It's really fun to comment on the show when you know a gamer might see it and even reply. But when the chat gets to be too big it becomes too much of a good thing and actually limits that interactivity.

The Pokemon show was a prime example of this. Before Colosseum's Mt. Battle 100-trainer challenge, I tried to explain the right way to get Ho-oh, but unfortunately it was scrolled off the screen, instantly buried under a mountain of Chuck Norris jokes and "Mudkip FTW!" one-liners. During the challenge, several other people tried to warn the gamers that they were doing it wrong, but once again the chatsplosion made it difficult to get this message across. I know some people thought that nobody tried to tell the gamers what was going on, but in reality everyone else's constant talking made it impossible for the gamers to see any genuinely helpful advice. After the first Mt. Battle run, they tried to find out what went wrong, but it was pretty hard for anyone to tell them when literally hundreds of other people were just shouting "LOL EPIC FAIL IS EPIC!!!!!" over and over. The chat simply got so big that it collapsed under its own weight, to the point that it sometimes feels pretty pointless to even try to say anything meaningful.

Now, if every single person in that chat was a donator, I'd probably wouldn't mind it so much. If that were the case, then hey, it's fulfilling the marathon's true purpose. But I get the feeling that a lot of those people didn't contribute, what with the various instances of things like:
"I'll donate 20 dollars if you sing the Pokemon song!"
"So will I!"
"Yeah me too! Sing it!"
"Ok! Let us sing this song of Pokemon!"
*donation bar doesn't rise at all*
"Guys, you said you'd donate!"
"OMG NOW SING THAT SONG BY THE RICKROLL GUY!!"

I'm not really sure what can be done about all this, but I do think something should be done. Banning people for making jokes is too harsh and would be a huge pain for the mods, after all. Perhaps next time, everyone can sit in the chat, but only donators could be allowed to actually talk? Maybe when donating, a person could put their nickname in the comments or in an e-mail so they can speak. I don't know if that would work, but maybe it'd be worth looking into. I know it sounds unfair to not let some people talk, but when 800 people are babbling at once, no single person really gets to say anything anyway. And since the chat affects the show, it might improve the marathons if we all just cut back on the one-liners and internet memes.

Again, GREAT SHOW as always. I'm just trying to help improve it even more, is all.

fettouhi
12-23-2008, 05:22 PM
well we are trying to improve some stuff but there will not be a direct link to the player or the house other then the commentator. its just to much work for them and they have enough to do and PM'ing the commentator is not something that will work so. I think what we may do is something different.

its the same with banning problem commentator can not do a thing its the mods that do it all that why we made a tsgmods mail and that will be use 100% next time.

I think a intent message directly to the house may be a solution especially if it only the mods that can use it so that might be the way to go. so if they are doing something wrong that could ruin the game tell us and we tell them. its to prevent a mass storm of people asking questions all the time.

bobo_dude16
12-23-2008, 05:35 PM
anatotitian, i agree with most of that.

as for the chat spammers, it was terrible but expected. people had to get their words out from the jokers and that led to yelling. i was also trying to find a way to help and had to yell to get my message through.

as for only donators being able to chat, that would end up not being too well. excluding people because they cant donate for various reasons is unfair. and as fettouhi said, it would be a pain to the mods. i know that there may be some annoying people making promises they dont go through with, but that would be unfair to most people like me who have had bad experiences with donating through the internet.

if you cant agree with the chat, try to ignore it...

Gwellin
12-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Just imagine if we let the ustreamers post in the chat? Probably half of the people watching were not logged in, or didn't even have an account.

I don't want to limit chatters, and I don't want to separate them either (rooms).

The offsite mods can have troubles contacting the commentators as well. We are considering possible solutions to this, but perhaps we can set up a system for PMing a mod who would then determine whether the message should be passed along to the commentator.

MSico
12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Most of the commentators have been around long enough to know to only sing a song AFTER the donation has been made. :P Also, it is mostly our own fault for screwing up Colosseum the first time, because the guy who started it said he knew how to do it and went ahead, then suspended it at Battle 2. I trusted him and continued up the mountain before anyone said anything, and at that point I had already lost all interest in Colosseum. :|

Serris
12-24-2008, 07:52 AM
...and at that point I had already lost all interest in Colosseum. :|

No one blames you for that. 60+ battles of Whismurs and Tentacools is why I was so happy when the Mystic Ticket event was held nearby my house.

The RealBrea
12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
We did hear what u were saying because I went and talked to Phil about it. Sorry about not hearing it the first time but its kinda hard when u have 1200 people watching. Me and Phil were told by other people that it doesnt matter whcich ones u use so we were misinformed =/.

IT is something we need to work on though because we are only going to grow in size by word of mouth and the chat will be insane with 2000 people watching....

bobo_dude16
12-24-2008, 10:53 AM
what ifg we had a basic chat and another chat if you need help with a game or for something else to try to lessen the spammers when we need help..

and brea welcome to the forums!

Kylethedarkn
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah what if there were two chats, both being looked at by the commentator but one chat is the more civilized chat, and the other is the uncontrolled chat. Could possible incorporate into the forums so you have to log in using your forum account or something like that.

Econo93
12-24-2008, 12:46 PM
It's going to be tough, as Brea said the speed gamers' audience is only going to grow, and the chat will only get more crazy. A solution is gonna be really hard to find a solution, locking people out until they donate wouldn't be the best of ideas, (I personally was only able to start donating last marathon) and there will always be trolls and spammers so separating chats most likely won't work either.

The chat box at least needs to be lengthened, that' a good starting point, but I thing the chat should defiantly be revised, interacting with the commentators is 2/3's of the fun (at least for me). I personally can't think of a fool proof way of doing this (and I don't think there is one to be honest).

I think were just going to have to stay on top of banning the trolls and spammers, but everyone's here to have fun so a few "So I herd you like mudkips", "Epic Fail!!!", "rofl" and Chuck Norris jokes are to be expected especially because most of us gamers and/or self-proclaimed nerds and geeks (and internet memes and those things go hand-in-hand).

In the end though, like Anatotitan said, even if it stays the way it is, we still all have fun and we still raise money for great causes!

The RealBrea
12-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I like the idea of a pointless chat box where u can talk to commentator about fun stuff and then also have a chat box next to it where people can put ideas/tips/general info that should be brodcasted to the player playing the game.

IDK...what u guys think?

DS_Kid
12-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Chat rooms for different subjects could work, though it would be really easy for users in each of them to bleed into the other rooms with their subjects. Perhaps the best thing to do (if it has not been created already) would be to establish a word or phrase filter that could cut down on multiple posts on ancient internet memes or demanding statements by certain users, which makes up a bulk of the chat room replies in really hectic moments.

A way to limit down on contacting questions would be to add every TSG email address to the "Contact Us" section on the main page of the website; currently, only the main address is there, meaning that the fanart and chat moderator addresses are not apparent.

If a user recently started viewing the stream and is confused as to what is going on, then they may start to ask questions in the chat. While this is okay, they may be ignored by the flood of replies popping up every second. To counter this, an updater could be established in a similar style to the auto-updating Pokedex in the Pokemon marathon that would show bits of information for what is going on at the moment, such as who is playing or commentating, technical difficulties, recently established chat rules, where the players are at in their games, upcoming prizes and how to win them, and estimated completion times.

My final idea is to limit down the formatting for chat room text. Sure, colors can be okay, and they make each reply distinct from others, but when they are topped with bold, italicized, and/or underlined formatting, posts become really obnoxious very fast.

I am not sure how much of this is possible, since I do not use Ustream beyond the marathons, but anything that I mentioned could potentially limit the chaos occurring in the chat rooms.

Gwellin
12-24-2008, 01:18 PM
The problem with increasing the height of the chat is that people with small monitors will need to do a lot of scrolling between the chat and video. I'll tell you what though, I will consider something dynamic to detect your browser window size and adjust accordingly. This will only work if you're watching on the main site though.

Separating the chat though is not necessarily a good idea though. It will double the monitoring, split the mods, and distract the commentator.

A live blog type thing is another good suggestion. Notes about what is currently happening. The problem is server load though, and we will have to run some tests to see whether this will work out, or just take the site down.

fettouhi
12-24-2008, 01:20 PM
you can be sure there will be nothing of 2 chats it will be too much work for mods and for the commentator. The real problem with this marathon was that at one time there where no mods on because of we had to work in RL so what we are gonna do is make sure for the next marathon that its not gonna happen. I think there was not to much spam when we where there but you can't really do anything about the mass people chating at once. thats why we want people to email for questions or try to ask us instead of trying to do it in chat. Commentators can't keep up with the chat because it moves so fast.

Sonic62
12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm definitely in favor of some way for the mods to have a direct connection to the players. I feel that would be the best way to get any important messages across.

Gwellin
12-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm definitely in favor of some way for the mods to have a direct connection to the players. I feel that would be the best way to get any important messages across.
I still feel indirect is better. PM'ing the commentators rarely works, as many of you have experienced. I think that the Mods should keep an eye out for important suggestions (or be sent a PM about one) then they would decide whether it is worth passing to the commentator.

Sonic62
12-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I still feel indirect is better. PM'ing the commentators rarely works, as many of you have experienced. I think that the Mods should keep an eye out for important suggestions (or be sent a PM about one) then they would decide whether it is worth passing to the commentator.
What do you mean by indirect? Maybe we're thinking of the same thing and I used the wrong wording?

Tanexion
12-24-2008, 05:30 PM
A few? I think more than half of anything said in the chat started with "EPIC" or "So I herd you liek"

Honestly, as long as there's a chat feature I don't think there will be any simple way of getting around this. It's like trying to make the popular high school crowd (the popular comments) unpopular. It just can't be done

Heatran109
12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
well the chat was getting kinda out of hand such as with spamming, flooding, and numerous requests to do things

Gwellin
12-24-2008, 06:19 PM
What do you mean by indirect? Maybe we're thinking of the same thing and I used the wrong wording?
I mean that if someone PM's a Mod or if a Mod sees something in the chat then they should decide whether it should be passed on to the commentator.

MSico
12-25-2008, 01:29 AM
We, um... we like reading the chat. I don't know why people are so down on it.

Mods, here's what I'm going to do. Before our next marathon starts, I'll post on here my personal cell number, and since I'm at the Speed Gamers' house during the entire marathon start to finish, I'll designate my phone as how to reach us in an emergency or something. Not everyone will be able to reach it (Rust, Fettouhi, unless you guys have Skype) but it's the most direct line to us I can offer.

Rust
12-25-2008, 03:01 AM
Don't worry Phil, I already have your number.

;)

killerwombat
12-25-2008, 08:37 PM
I think that the chat is fine. It is full of remarks like "Epic Fail" "Play rickroll" and "OMG Dragonite would be played by Brad Pitt in the live action Pokemon Movie" but the chat is really for people who have stupid remarks to get it out of their system. I agree with sending emails for important stuff, but I think that the email should maybe be checked more often and that it should be more clear that you can email for stuff like that. I, for one, wasnt aware that you could send emails until the near the end of the show. I hope that this will be taken into consideration for the Zelda marathon.

Overload
12-25-2008, 10:11 PM
If half of the people during the pokemon marathon were somewhat mature, things wouldn't have been so bad.
Most of the time they just repeated what they wanted to say so it would get noticed, or said random crap with no relevance. I would make a rule stating if you don't act maturely you get a warning, if you are warned again you get banned for an hour. People would learn real fast.

Diana3
12-25-2008, 10:12 PM
We, um... we like reading the chat. I don't know why people are so down on it.

Mods, here's what I'm going to do. Before our next marathon starts, I'll post on here my personal cell number, and since I'm at the Speed Gamers' house during the entire marathon start to finish, I'll designate my phone as how to reach us in an emergency or something. Not everyone will be able to reach it (Rust, Fettouhi, unless you guys have Skype) but it's the most direct line to us I can offer.

Do you have a grandcentral number? You're def better off posting that.

Tanexion
12-25-2008, 10:33 PM
If half of the people during the pokemon marathon were somewhat mature, things wouldn't have been so bad.
Most of the time they just repeated what they wanted to say so it would get noticed, or said random crap with no relevance. I would make a rule stating if you don't act maturely you get a warning, if you are warned again you get banned for an hour. People would learn real fast.

While I do agree with you overall, I don't think that would be the best route to take. There's no clear definition of what acting 'mature' is, so while a 10 year old may think that his actions are mature, a 40 year old may think otherwise.
Like I said though, I agree with you for the most part

the1stpkmnfan
12-25-2008, 10:35 PM
If it doesn't hurt that bad, I'd like to see TSG use Skype, and talk to whoever they pick. If that's what you guys are talking about above, then I guess forget I mentioned it. :P But I'd love to use Skype in a TSG marathon.

Diana3
12-25-2008, 11:35 PM

While I do agree with you overall, I don't think that would be the best route to take. There's no clear definition of what acting 'mature' is, so while a 10 year old may think that his actions are mature, a 40 year old may think otherwise.
Like I said though, I agree with you for the most part

I think this topic is tough bc we don't want to scare away people with insanely rigid rules, or offend any newcomers. You're right that the younger viewers might not even realize that they're being irritating. While I'd love the chat to be more of a chat and less of "please read this random sentence I just wrote out loud so I can feel good about myself," I'm not sure it's a realistic goal with the growing amount of viewers.

MSico
12-26-2008, 12:07 AM
While I'd love the chat to be more of a chat and less of "please read this random sentence I just wrote out loud so I can feel good about myself," I'm not sure it's a realistic goal with the growing amount of viewers.

LOL Diana... but so true.

Sonic62
12-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I mean that if someone PM's a Mod or if a Mod sees something in the chat then they should decide whether it should be passed on to the commentator.
Hmm, that's what I was saying.

eternalflame34
12-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Well I remember back early on when there used to be about 50 people in the chat and it would take a minute for a new response. While that may have been better for some people, I don't think splitting or limiting the chat in any way would be a good idea.

I do however like the idea of some sort of liveblog, I remember this was done on some of the marathons. (Not often though) Like Gwellin said, there might be too much strain and what not. I'm not sure if it would be possible for there to be a TSG twitter or something, maybe somebody could update it every now and then. That would be cool if there were constant updates from twitter. (Maybe if the speed gamers at the house are too busy mods could update it also)

Diana3
12-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure if it would be possible for there to be a TSG twitter or something, maybe somebody could update it every now and then. That would be cool if there were constant updates from twitter. (Maybe if the speed gamers at the house are too busy mods could update it also)

Oooh, I second the twitter idea <3 twitter

StopDropAndBear
12-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Someone's gonna have to explain twitter to me, because I really don't get it =P

Anyway, I hate to say it, but I think this might be one of those situations where we just have to grin and bear it (no pun intended). I won't pretend that the endless stream of pants-on-head retarded questions didn't drive me banana sandwich, buuuuuuut..as it's been said, I think we all knew it was an inevitability with how popular the guys have been getting. And in the grand scheme of things, a little spam might not be such a bad price to pay for a lot of notoriety.

That being said, it really and truly gets my goat when people say they'll donate if whoever is on cam does whatever silly thing they are requesting..and then they flake out. I think we gotta put some kinda policy in effect for that..like my grandma always said, cash up front. ;)
I don't know, maybe people could attach their bizarre requests to their ChipIn donations via that comment feature dealie instead of screaming them out in the chat? Would that work?

dryuriev7777
12-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I won't pretend that the endless stream of pants-on-head retarded questions didn't drive me banana sandwich
Yeah how many times did you tell people that TSG wasn't getting Shaymin or Arceus? :lol:

StopDropAndBear
12-27-2008, 01:39 AM
A lot, dry. A friggin' lot.
Honestly though, I don't mind doing my part to alleviate confusion by answering general curiosity questions, regardless of how redundant they may be (lol I can't be the only one who remembers "Is this Dead Space?!?")...it's the stuff like "hay (commentator) if ur underpants had a face and then that face tried to eat u what would u do????"x2908493 that send me off the proverbial cliff.

MSico
12-27-2008, 02:45 AM
A lot, dry. A friggin' lot.
Honestly though, I don't mind doing my part to alleviate confusion by answering general curiosity questions, regardless of how redundant they may be (lol I can't be the only one who remembers "Is this Dead Space?!?")...it's the stuff like "hay (commentator) if ur underpants had a face and then that face tried to eat u what would u do????"x2908493 that send me off the proverbial cliff.

Not that cliff jumping is out of the question with TSG. <3

Ok, here's the thing-- this Pokemon marathon was easily the most busy for everyone, because rather than having one person playing games and one person commentating, we had one person commentating and EVERYONE ELSE playing games. That's why there weren't blog updates, that's why fan art wasn't being updated, that's why emails weren't being read (by us), and that's also why a great deal of undue stress was laid upon our mods who were pretty much the only chat police. We really can't use the Pokemon marathon as the barometer for how to deal with future marathons, although some ideas are currently being tossed around like a newborn baby. Let's see how Zelda fares. I get the feeling it's going to be a lot more relaxed... for everyone except me, who has to prove that a man can fly. Through Zelda games.

So I guess what I'm saying is, get ready to tell a thousand people that we're not doing the CD-i games. :P Unless they donate a working system and the discs. Who's snarky now? _hat_

Gwellin
12-27-2008, 02:58 AM
I'm still shaking from the stress of that weekend, and my sleep patterns are way off. It was great fun though.

I would hate for Zelda to be too relaxed though.

Diana3
12-27-2008, 10:09 AM

They have a video on their front page about it. It's really only fun if you know at least two or three people who also regularly use it. Also, I'm less inclined to randomly friend people on twitter since they would know where I am 24/7 :shock:

I didn't really get to experience much of the marathon this time bc of my move! I'm so sorry guys, I didn't even get to donate (stupid expensive moving!) I can't wait to just sit back and watch a great Zelda marathon, even if the chat is crazy.

PM me if you guys want to talk to me and I'm just lost in the sea of "DO A BARREL ROLL!"s :)

MSico
12-27-2008, 11:09 AM

It's like a cross between updating your facebook status and text messages, except for obsessive people.

StopDropAndBear
12-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Fair enough, Phil, fair enough. :3
And yeah, I'm fully preparing myself for all the "CD-i: what's the deal?" questions. And 30,000 instances of "Link my booooooooi".

Gwellin, I don't know how you managed to stay on top of things as well as you did for like, every day of the marathon. You're a superhuman modding machine! I shudder to think of what the chat might have looked like had you not been there, so muchos gracias for all your effort. _triforce_

Ah, okay, so I think I mostly get twitter now, thanks guys.
Oh, and we missed the crap out of you, Diana! :cry:

Gwellin
12-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Gwellin, I don't know how you managed to stay on top of things as well as you did for like, every day of the marathon. You're a superhuman modding machine! I shudder to think of what the chat might have looked like had you not been there, so muchos gracias for all your effort. _triforce_
Thanks, but I wasn't the only one there, and despite what Phil might say the scripts running under Baltes-Bot was the biggest help. Automatically kicking for three posts in five seconds was the best part. Looking at the logs though shows that some people really got away with more than they should have, when the OPs weren't looking.

Diana3
12-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Three cheers for the baltes bot!

Shojau
12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Three cheers for knowing when the OPs aren't looking!

Gwellin
12-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm already polishing my Iron Boots for next marathon. _dead_

MSico
12-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Lousy robots... :oops: gettin' me in turble...

fettouhi
12-28-2008, 01:15 PM
I got my size 15 ready to rock and roll

StopDropAndBear
12-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I got my size 15 ready to rock and roll

Lucas A33
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
I agree with you. Altough, ive had a few of my spamming moments... But its just never going to go away with the force you pushed us in. Take this for an example.

Black Duck wants every one to stop posting in all caps, Such as
THAT WAS SO EPIC.
I agree with him! But disagree with him to a point. Some words I did like
BAM and BOOM, should be able to be capitalized.

So, Saying Thhrough this, BlackDuck, not all 100% people will listen to you. Even if they get kicked! They will just run to the TSG, complaining to about you , and theyll do it again. The only way to aviod that is to well... Ignore em. Like everyone Told me before, If you complain, hes going to find a weakness, and keep on doing it. Ignoring him, will just make him look like a maniac, and stop. I know like saying epic fail is bad, but Iv'e said it many times before, with out feeling sorry. I actually then found out how bad I was behaving and decieded to stop.

Get my message?

No?

Im saying, Just let them spam for a few, and if they don't care, and keep spamming. Let the mods take care of em'. And for god sakes, don't keep saying something in the chat if It includes Helping the TSG! Instead, if they are spamming to fast so they can't see what your saying, just pm them. HOPEFULLY thiell read it. If not too bad. Just deal. and DONOT IN PUBLIC SAY stop spamming BECAUSE THEN, ITTL CAUSE MORE SPAM!

Thank you.

MSico
01-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Guns don't kill people, capital letters kill people.

sagema
01-02-2009, 02:05 PM
The major problem is how insanely fast the text can disappear. It's an extremely rare event. It's not every day you see a chat room of 1000+ active people. In fact I've never seen a chat room with that many people in it. Here are four things that should help, and you guys probably already use these to some degree.

Mods that take suggestions through PMs. For help with the game.
Mods that listen to donation requests.
Make the chat box more extensive, like MIRC, it has to hold more length.
Remind people about donation requests, how to PM, who and where to PM for what.

Don't Ignore donation requests.
Don't Ignore advice, unless you remind people you have FAQs, you're reading them every time you get stuck.
For the Pokemon event you had a progress chart of Pokemon caught. You can use a similar chart for events. So people know which events are coming up, when they are coming up, and the requirements per event. People are missing out on way too many events because there's literally no schedule to their start and results. If the event gets delayed you can put on chart delays expected for this event. For any event you want to repeat as little as possible. Take the most common questions and have very brief, easy to find sections for people to read. I did this in my player events. At anytime I could macro the event rules for people to read. It saved a ton of time, rather than typing everything out from scratch.

I've held player events on many online games before. If you need any help dealing with mass amounts of confused people, please let me know. In the end whatever you do won't be perfect. What you want in the end is for people to have an overall good time, and a deep desire to return. Thespeedgamers do this better than anyone.

Aeronautical
01-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Guns don't kill people, capital letters kill people.
Don't forget cuss words! Don't think you can get away with it. We're watching you O_O

Diana3
01-02-2009, 05:14 PM
The major problem is how insanely fast the text can disappear. It's an extremely rare event. It's not every day you see a chat room of 1000+ active people. In fact I've never seen a chat room with that many people in it. Here are four things that should help, and you guys probably already use these to some degree.

Mods that take suggestions through PMs. For help with the game.
Mods that listen to donation requests.
Make the chat box more extensive, like MIRC, it has to hold more length.
Remind people about donation requests, how to PM, who and where to PM for what.

Don't Ignore donation requests.
Don't Ignore advice, unless you remind people you have FAQs, you're reading them every time you get stuck.
For the Pokemon event you had a progress chart of Pokemon caught. You can use a similar chart for events. So people know which events are coming up, when they are coming up, and the requirements per event. People are missing out on way too many events because there's literally no schedule to their start and results. If the event gets delayed you can put on chart delays expected for this event. For any event you want to repeat as little as possible. Take the most common questions and have very brief, easy to find sections for people to read. I did this in my player events. At anytime I could macro the event rules for people to read. It saved a ton of time, rather than typing everything out from scratch.

I've held player events on many online games before. If you need any help dealing with mass amounts of confused people, please let me know. In the end whatever you do won't be perfect. What you want in the end is for people to have an overall good time, and a deep desire to return. Thespeedgamers do this better than anyone.

These are some pretty good ideas! <3

Aeronautical
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Those do sound like good ideas! This might be hard to do, but maybe a ticker at the side would be helpful too. Basically the idea is that it would be a separate chat window that only the Ops and mods would talk in. There they could post information, links, etc without it being pushed out of the way in a few seconds.

sagema
01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks. Let me know if you need anything else. You want everyone to group in one central area. It makes the event feel more epic. Don't divide out the chat rooms. At the same time have 1 back up channel in case anything crashes. Advertise that channel so people can go there in case of server crash.