PDA

View Full Version : What charity are we getting donations for next time? (BREA)

The RealBrea
12-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I know we are talking about doing zelda on spring break but what charity are we going to do???

As Tyler would say: U CANT SPELL BEARD WITHOUT BREA

goron2000
12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Hey Brea Brea :D

i dont remember what charity britt said, but he did say that he had a perticular one in mind for the zelda marathon. My answer probably didnt help at all and to be honest this post was just an excuse to tell you how awesome you are :lol:

:geek: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F2c1bDgUY ... re=related (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F2c1bDgUYC8&feature=related)

The RealBrea
12-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Haha nice goron and thank you! Ill always take a complement. U guys are the awesome ones to donate so much for such a great cause!!

BREA

MSico
12-23-2008, 10:44 PM
It's for a branch of St. Jude, I know that much. Evidently we have an 'in' with Toby Keith. I'm not sure how that happened, but somehow he's going to be catering our Zeldathon. :shock: DL _megaman_

the1stpkmnfan
12-23-2008, 11:37 PM
For the Zelda marathon donations, I'm beliving it will be just as good as ACT Today. I wonder how much money will be planning to hit. If it'll just be 5000 again, that's totally cool.

Nice to see you Brea! You were an awesome commentator during the marathon. :)

patriotfan09
12-24-2008, 12:41 AM
I think I should get a Zelda game before the marathon.
Seeing as I've never played one before

Which one (for DS), would you guys recommend?

Heatran109
12-24-2008, 12:55 AM
try phantom hourglass , phantom hourglass is fun Seamus

MSico
12-24-2008, 01:09 AM
No... if the DS is all you have, you're missing out on all the best Zeldas. The only two you can play are Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap, and while they're both all right, neither is as good as the classic portables THERE I SAID IT :o

Aeronautical
12-24-2008, 01:20 AM
The first Zelda game I ever played was Oracle of Ages. You can't consider yourself a true Zelda puzzle master until you've beaten it.

patriotfan09
12-24-2008, 01:39 AM
No... if the DS is all you have, you're missing out on all the best Zeldas. The only two you can play are Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap, and while they're both all right, neither is as good as the classic portables THERE I SAID IT :o

I have the GBA, GB Color, and GB [Pocket], but I'd prefer it for the DS (I can download a version that way, and its harder to find games for the others)

Kylethedarkn
12-24-2008, 01:51 AM

I have the GBA, GB Color, and GB [Pocket], but I'd prefer it for the DS (I can download a version that way, and its harder to find games for the others)
The only DS Zelda game is Phantom Hourglass, but that's a horrible representation of Zelda. I would recommend on of the Oracles for Gameboy Color, or A Link To The Past for Gameboy Advanced. There is also Minish Cap for the Gameboy advanced which is a fun little Zelda, but not that difficult. There is also Link's Awakening which I didn't like but you might and that is just for Gameboy.

If your downloading, I am assuming you have homebrew stuff. Try not getting an emulator and not getting any of the console roms, DON'T DO IT. And then not play them. These are the original LoZ, Zelda II, A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

Gwellin
12-24-2008, 01:53 AM
The first Zelda game I ever played was Oracle of Ages. You can't consider yourself a true Zelda puzzle master until you've beaten it.
:D Local needed help to solve the puzzles in that game. :lol:

Aeronautical
12-24-2008, 01:55 AM
:D Local needed help to solve the puzzles in that game. :lol:
They're hard! I tried using a guide, but even then it made no sense. I ended up having to buy a strategy guide so I could see pictures of what to do. Even then it was REALLY hard :3

Kurono
12-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Oh come now, Surely you jest.
The puzzles were not that hard.

I've played both Ages and Seasons and both were fairly simple.

Phantom Hourglass is okay, but I wasn't all that impressed with it and quite honestly, the controls were annoying.

No... if the DS is all you have, you're missing out on all the best Zeldas. The only two you can play are Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap, and while they're both all right, neither is as good as the classic portables THERE I SAID IT

And this is so true. It's so true it actually burns from it's trueness...

localretard
12-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Oh come now, Surely you jest.
The puzzles were not that hard.

I've played both Ages and Seasons and both were fairly simple.

_objection_ The temple where you fill it with water was hard I don't care if your freakin stephen hawking, that temple will take you a good hour and a half.

Always hating... :x

The RealBrea
12-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Ha sweet! Yeah the only zelda i played was the first one on nintendo...So i doubt ill be helping with the games in thise one eiher....just commentating...darn I feel kinda worthless lol... :x

fettouhi
12-24-2008, 07:40 AM
its gonna be for st jude but its some special part of it britt knows more about it

the1stpkmnfan
12-24-2008, 09:22 AM
The Zelda games I've ever played were frankly all of them but a few I recall playing better than the other games in the series. It's either I never completed them, the Temples I get lost, or the bosses are just being mean and won't let me destroy them. :(

Econo93
12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
According to the banners up now, the charity's is going to be "Ally's House".
Apparently it's a group that helps familys get through the financial difficulties of having a child with cancer, sounds like a great cause guys.

Their website is here: http://www.allyshouse.net

DJCDominic
12-24-2008, 01:03 PM
What a good cause!

The RealBrea
12-24-2008, 01:08 PM
That sounds great im excited! _triforce_

the1stpkmnfan
12-24-2008, 03:03 PM
That does sound great! :) I hope we raise a lot of more money for this marathon. This is starting to sound amazing, and it's not even March yet.

The RealBrea
12-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Ha ha I know...no fun waiting... :twisted:

the1stpkmnfan
12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Ha ha I know...no fun waiting... :twisted:

Wow, Brea it's nice to see your evil side of you. :P I'm wondering if you'll be playing any games there are. If you do, then the best of luck goes to you. But be sure to entertain us to get more and more donations.

Econo93
12-24-2008, 05:23 PM
I know, too bad the speed gamers didn't broadcast more often (I understand all the work that goes in to all the marathons, and that the Gamers and Commentators all have lives, so it is great that they do it as often as they, It's simply a dream that it would be more often)

I hate waiting soooooo much, I'm sad from the moment it's over 'till the next one is begins.

I agree with The1stPkmnfan, Brea should be back.

Also, I was thinking it would be cool if The Speed Gamers had a small New year's count down party at the end of the month, I don't think I can wait till March :lol: .

Who's with me?!?

the1stpkmnfan
12-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Also, I was thinking it would be cool if The Speed Gamers had a small New year's count down party at the end of the month, I don't think I can wait till March :lol: .

Who's with me?!?

I am, but I thought I heard with my own two ears that Phil said they would consider doing a New Years marathon new week. But here's the question, what will they play? (probably Rock Band/Guitar hero- to spread some music in the beginning of 2009)

Econo93
12-24-2008, 09:31 PM

Who's with me?!?

I am, but I thought I heard with my own two ears that Phil said they would consider doing a New Years marathon new week. But here's the question, what will they play? (probably Rock Band/Guitar hero- to spread some music in the beginning of 2009)

Seriously?, that would be awesome. I could never get enough of those guys! :D <3

Rock Band would be a good marathon Idea, something quick, simple and fun. They would definatly need to have cameras on the players for that one. :lol:

mckma
12-24-2008, 09:48 PM

Who's with me?!?

I'm pretty sure Chase or someone said something about never doing Rock Band or Guitar Hero because it wasn't very fun to watch...

I could be completely wrong though...

Tanexion
12-24-2008, 11:42 PM

Who's with me?!?

I'm pretty sure Chase or someone said something about never doing Rock Band or Guitar Hero because it wasn't very fun to watch...

I could be completely wrong though...

That was said, as a matter of fact, and yea I think it was Chase who said it...hang on...maybe it was Phil...whoever it was said it would be unbelievably boring to watch..
Still, any kind of New Year's thing would be amazing beyond all description **nudge nudge**

MSico
12-25-2008, 01:22 AM

Who's with me?!?

I said it but I was being facetious. :P There's no way we'd have the energy but people were like "when's your next marathon?" and I just felt like saying something like "we're totally having another one in like 3 days!" :P Sorry for misleading you... I figured people got the joke. I do hope our next one is soon, though.

And, yes, we are never, ever doing RB/GH. Here's an exercize. I want you to find a friend who has one of these games, and not watch them-- watch only the screen-- and never ask to play, just watch. And tell me how long you can do that before it gets so boring you want to gauge out your eyes with a rusty spoon and pour salt and alcohol and gunpowder in the wounds.

Aeronautical
12-25-2008, 01:25 AM

Who's with me?!?

I said it but I was being facetious. :P There's no way we'd have the energy but people were like "when's your next marathon?" and I just felt like saying something like "we're totally having another one in like 3 days!" :P Sorry for misleading you... I figured people got the joke. I do hope our next one is soon, though.

And, yes, we are never, ever doing RB/GH. Here's an exercize. I want you to find a friend who has one of these games, and not watch them-- watch only the screen-- and never ask to play, just watch. And tell me how long you can do that before it gets so boring you want to gauge out your eyes with a rusty spoon and pour salt and alcohol and gunpowder in the wounds.
There's a marathon in 3 days?!

MSico
12-25-2008, 01:33 AM

TOTALLY RAD! We're going to play Guitar Hero!!!!!!1

Aeronautical
12-25-2008, 01:55 AM

TOTALLY RAD! We're going to play Guitar Hero!!!!!!1
All right! Can I sing? It'll definitely keep everyone awake :3

HaHaBoom92
12-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Woo hoo! Another marathon that fast! Life is good!

Snozberries
12-25-2008, 01:57 AM
the new guitar hero is a complete rip off of what rock band is doing...

very disappointing :roll:

SilverSon
12-25-2008, 10:22 AM
You guys should look into sweatshops, animals and nature, starvation, scientific research....things like that. Providing it`s within your limits.

Blackduck
12-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Spoiler: The charity is Ally's House. Topic locked