PDA

View Full Version : Retsupurae

SalvadorW2
03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
What do you guys think of retsupurae?

Honestly, I think they're hilarious when they're not just being bullies. They do offer some very needed criticism to the Youtube LP community.

aStupidGecko
03-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I wuv you dis much!

Panda
03-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I am unfamiliar with this Retsupurae. Could you elaborate on what this group does?

SalvadorW2
03-19-2010, 09:02 PM
MST3K treatment of Let's Plays.

Basically, they record they're own commentary over bad Let's Plays criticizing them (however, they're known to go a little too far sometimes).

Wolfz
03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
They are a channel on youtube that does commentary over let's play videos (usually bad ones) to for laughs. It's pretty funny actually. My favorite is easily the one with the guy playing mario 2 that never stops talking.

aStupidGecko
03-19-2010, 09:04 PM

Basically, they record they're own commentary over bad Let's Plays criticizing them (however, they're known to go a little too far sometimes).

They've started doing bad "point and click" flash games

SalvadorW2
03-19-2010, 09:05 PM

They've started doing bad "point and check" flash games
Yeah, those are pretty good too.

aStupidGecko
03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
My favorite is "Escape Part 1" when they found the sock

SalvadorW2
03-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh, by the way, they're the ones who invented the Let's Play.

I just thought that would be worth mentioning.

GrimsChild
03-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Retsupurae was started by Slowbeef wasn't it?

And anything which was created by the guy who helped create the Policenauts Translation can't be bad!

quakmastr
03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Retsupurae is this group of people (I think from Something Awful Forums) who do commentary over Youtube Let's Plays they consider or are told to be bad. The commentary ranges from slightly mean to very harsh. From what I know, they do this 1) mainly for fun and 2) to point out Let's Plays that are utterly atrocious. The really terrible ones are those of recorded TV screens at odd angles, terrible and unfunny commentary, and unforgivably bad audio.

I personally find them very funny. I like the jokes they make and just overall their not so serious attitude towards people. I don't believe they hate everyone they make fun of or even greatly dislike them (through there are few who even I can't stand).

They also moved to picking on Newgrounds flash games as well. On the Something Awful main site they also do stuff for regular live videos too.

Edit: Also I advise not to think they take Let's Play too seriously. If you see their own Let's Plays, they aren't amazing professional masterpieces either, but they are still enjoyable.

SalvadorW2
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Watch the Snatcher Let's Play on Slowbeef's Viddler account. It's hilarious.

Maram123
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
While I do think that some of these videos are funny, they can be really discouraging to people that are new to LPing and they belong to a group I call "Elite LPers." These people feel that there is one way to LP a game and if you don't do it that way it makes you the worst Lper ever. Honestly, some of the videos they make fun of aren't all THAT bad.

As I said, parts are still really funny.

SalvadorW2
03-26-2010, 04:35 PM
While I do think that some of these videos are funny, they can be really discouraging to people that are new to LPing and they belong to a group I call "Elite LPers." These people feel that there is one way to LP a game and if you don't do it that way it makes you the worst Lper ever. Honestly, some of the videos they make fun of aren't all THAT bad.

As I said, parts are still really funny.
Yeah, I can see your point there,but I also feel that that type of criticism has a good place when it doesn't get out of hand.

I never would have thought a game walkthrough would actually make me cringe...

norborb
03-27-2010, 12:27 PM
People who pretend their opinions matter. Elitest scum.

SalvadorW2
03-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Retsupurae livestream up now! Check their youtube channel.

aStupidGecko
03-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Already there, lol

SalvadorW2
03-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I got banned from the chat! lol