PDA

View Full Version : Uploading LPs and just how exactly you do it. [RESOLVED]

NicoCW
04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I've recorded a test video. It looks great. No lag, no sound lag, etc. I even saved it with Windows Movie Maker, which I've uploaded previous videos with, and they work just fine. Now I'm having a problem with gameplay footage recorded from a Dazzle.

I made two test videos. Every time I try to upload them, YouTube will stop randomly in the middle of the upload and claim that there's an error. I've tried uploading a billion times, no luck. I've tried different browsers, and I tried resaving them, but still, nothing. Keep in mind, I'm recording these using Windows Movie Maker from a Dazzle. I also checked to see if the videos were below 2GB and under 10 minutes, which they were. Still, I get an error.

The only two things I haven't tried were changing the format (I've been using WMV so I don't have to run the video through more than one program, and I can't find a converter), and trying another day. I've been trying this for the past two hours, but I highly doubt it's YouTube's problem.

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong and can help me, I'll love them to death.

pkGamerB
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmm, I may know what your problem is. Before you try to upload the video, do you Publish it first. I'm not sure which version of Movie Maker you're using, but on mine, it's one of the links on the right side of the WMM window. Just click "Publish to this computer" (keeping it as a wmv file should be fine) and you should be set.

NicoCW
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm using version 5.1, and I don't see a "Publish to this computer" option anywhere. I just use the "Save to my computer" option.

pkGamerB
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm not familiar with that version. If there's no other publish options anywhere (or if it's not worded differently somewhere else), "Save to my computer" may be the same thing. If you could show me a screenshot, I might be able to help you.

NicoCW
04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Here it is.

The GREEN circle is what I used to record from the Dazzle, and the RED one is what I used to save it.[spoiler:2cpfvlla]http://www.carrotworks.net/other/wmm.png[/spoiler:2cpfvlla]And then there's this:[spoiler:2cpfvlla]http://www.carrotworks.net/other/youtube.png[/spoiler:2cpfvlla]

pkGamerB
04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah, Save to my computer is definitely the same thing. If you used that and it still didn't work, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry. :/

NicoCW
04-05-2010, 04:08 PM
OKAY, UPDATE!

I found the issue. You wanna know what it was? You're not gonna believe what it was! Well...
MY INTERNET KEPT RESETTING ITSELF WHILE I WAS UPLOADING! I'm seriously not kidding, I wouldn't have thought to take a look at my modem lights for the issue, but apparently, that was the problem.
I refreshed the wires, and I was able to successfully upload my test video!

No need for this thread anymore, it can go ka-put!

theberserked
04-06-2010, 01:51 AM
One thing I can add to this for any problems that may come later:

I also had this problem, and my internet would also shut off in the middle. The only difference was that it would disconnect just my computer, not the whole modem. Oddly enough, I fixed the problem by using Youtube's old version of the uploader, which somehow stopped it from disconnecting my internet. I would think there wouldn't be that much a difference, but it made the difference between being able to upload videos, and not being able to. :|

NicoCW
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
YouTube's old version of the uploader? Where can I find that? I checked on YouTube to see if there was another uploader to use, and I couldn't find one.

Sonic62
04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I've had to use the old one before. All I can find now is: "Upload problems? Try without the progress bar."

theberserked
04-06-2010, 06:42 PM
I've had to use the old one before. All I can find now is: "Upload problems? Try without the progress bar."

That actually is it, they just changed what the link said. I haven't tried uploading using the regular uploader since I started using the new one though, so I don't know if the problem I had was temporary or permanent.