PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon games

Sparky
12-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I have jus bought pokemon fire red and leaf green off an online site and ive jus put leaf green into the GBA slot of my DS to start the game, but when it loaded up, i got a little dialogue box saying the save game is ok and then a saved file named AAAAAAA with no played minutes on the game. i havent tried fire red yet.
does that dialogue box mean the game is fake?

Wormow
12-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Possibly, but it might mean it's a used game.

Serris
12-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I'd be cautious. I've noticed that when that box appears, it's always a ROM or a fake, none of my official ones have it and the infamous Ruby from the marathon had it.

the1stpkmnfan
12-24-2008, 10:16 PM
The same thing happend to me when I was playing ShinyGold, and yes I know it's a fake. And it's not a really good onr.
The game pack I was given reached up to Olivine City, and I was unable to swim to Cinawood, or head to Mohogany Town.

Sparky
12-25-2008, 03:39 AM
would you suggest i play through the game and see what happens then? also if the game is fake, would magby and elekid still appear on my diamond card?

Serris
12-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I know if a fake game is used, sometimes when transferring it deletes the save of the GBA game and/or an error message appears. Not sure about the special wild pokemon you get.

It really depends on the quality of the ROM they used for the cart. You also might want to check to see if you can save after you beat Lance, a telltale sign of a fake FR/LG.

If you can't get Elekid or Magby, I suggest waiting for Platinum as Electabuzz and Magmar are normal wild pokemon, the former found on Route 222 and the latter found at Fuego Ironworks.

ditto493
12-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Something simular happened to my Ruby version and my Gold version. Somehow the game data was erased, but they still had my files on them with no play time. I bought them brand new from the store back when they were new games. Since that happened I decided to restart my Gold and the game worked fine, but then I accidently erased the file while I wasn't paying attenion. And then the other day while watching the Pokemon marothon I decided to restart my Ruby and it so far it works just fine.

So if I were you I'd just start my own file and it should work just fine.

Sparky
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
well, turns out the save file on leaf green got mysteriously deleted and every other experience ive ever had with the pokemon GBA games tells me it doesnt do that on its own.
ive sent a message to the site but i doubt ill get my money back from them. it sucks but thats life and it hates me today.
thanks for all the help guys

Kilgard
01-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey Sparky, I don't know if you bought the game off of an auction site, or if you bought the game thinking it was a brand new cart. But if it was bought and sold to you as a new cart I would probably file a complaint against the company at the Better business bureau (http://welcome.bbb.org/) and hopefully someone else will see it and prevent themself from suffering the same fate.

Sparky
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
i bought it from games-stock.com thinking it was brand new, and nowhere on their site do they say anything which made me think otherwise. thanks for the link, ill definitely use it and complain bout them

Kilgard
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I just poked around the site and I notice they are selling some pretty sketchy things like there "NDS Multi Game Cartridge (114 games in 1 Cartridge!)", which I'm pretty sure is just a flash cart with roms on it.
They do seem to have a decent return policy if they actually honor it though, so you may want to check that out before it's to late.

whitemage730
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
well, turns out the save file on leaf green got mysteriously deleted and every other experience ive ever had with the pokemon GBA games tells me it doesnt do that on its own.
ive sent a message to the site but i doubt ill get my money back from them. it sucks but thats life and it hates me today.
thanks for all the help guys

That reminds me of the worst day of my life... when my pokemon gold's save battery corrupted... I was sad... I hadn't completed the Kanto part of the game yer either...

ditto493
01-09-2009, 10:01 PM
My Gold Battery also currupted, I think, and I was very far in it. I had a few pokemon at level 100, a mostly completed Pokedex, and even a Celebii that I got from one of my old friends. When I found out about the battery I was very upset.
Then I restarted it and got to the 8th gym, and one day while I was playing on it my N64 I accidently shook the cartridge while it was saving and lost the data. That time I was Even More Upset.

Sparky
01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
sadly the returns thing is for 7 days and its been longer then that

Kilgard
01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought I read something about defective carts though, and alot of companies don't like bad reviews so I would still send them an email telling them you either get your money back or you will be telling the BBB about there shady and illegal bussiness practices.

Sparky
01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
the business is based in thailand apparently so i doubt they would be bothered about the bbb, and i cant use them because i live in england and the site appears to only work with american or canadian postal codes

Kilgard
01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Dang Sparky, sorry to hear that I'm out of ideas then it looks like it's just a matter of absorbing the loss and learning from your mistakes I guess :(

Sparky
01-10-2009, 05:18 PM
yeah i intend to learn, next time im gonna stick to game stores in the city centre and if i dont see them there then i wont get them.

Sonic62
01-11-2009, 02:11 AM
My Gold Battery also currupted, I think, and I was very far in it. I had a few pokemon at level 100, a mostly completed Pokedex, and even a Celebii that I got from one of my old friends. When I found out about the battery I was very upset.
Then I restarted it and got to the 8th gym, and one day while I was playing on it my N64 I accidently shook the cartridge while it was saving and lost the data. That time I was Even More Upset.
It was a sad day when my Gold's battery died. All Pokémon evolutions level 100, full PokéDex, max clock, all gone. :(

Sparky
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
were they level 100 through hard work or through a glitch similar to red and blues missingo glitch. which was awesome for easy levelling

kingdomania
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I only have these pokemon games

-silver
-blue
-firered
-pokemon Colosseum
-diamond
-pearl

Tanexion
01-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I only have these pokemon games

-silver
-blue
-firered
-pokemon Colosseum
-diamond
-pearl
Only? haha, so you still have a gameboy to play Blue and Silver? That's way more than I can say :\

ditto493
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
The pokemon games I have are:
Blue
Stadium
Snap
Hey You Pikachu
Gold
Stadium 2
Ruby
Colleseum
Channel
Fire Red
Leaf Green
Emerald
Gale of Darkness
Trozie
Ranger
Diamond
Ramger 2
Explorers of Time
Battle Revolution
Ranch

I might be Forgetting some.

Sonic62
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
were they level 100 through hard work or through a glitch similar to red and blues missingo glitch. which was awesome for easy levelling
Hard work and determination. (Although Dodrio Gameboy in the Stadiums made it much faster)

whitemage730
01-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Blue
Stadium
Snap
Hey You Pikachu
Gold
Stadium 2
Ruby
Colleseum
Channel
Fire Red
Leaf Green
Emerald
Gale of Darkness
Trozie
Ranger
Diamond
Ramger 2
Explorers of Time
Battle Revolution
Ranch

Holy CRAP! I thought I was the only person in the WORLD who owned Pokemon Channel! I loved that game... even though Adam Sessler doesn't think it's a game... :oops:

Sparky
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
wow, that is some dedication. i salute you sonic.

Sonic62
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
wow, that is some dedication. i salute you sonic.
Why thank you! If you've read about my current Pokémon escapades, you'll know it's still as strong as ever! :D

Sparky
01-18-2009, 12:08 AM
i am glad to hear it, I've only just got into the competitive side of pokemon for the first time ever. its interesting though i much prefer breeding for others methinks given that i can breed anything in any nature. its considerably easier for me

Kilgard
01-18-2009, 02:11 AM
i am glad to hear it, I've only just got into the competitive side of pokemon for the first time ever. its interesting though i much prefer breeding for others methinks given that i can breed anything in any nature. its considerably easier for me

I need to start getting into the competitive side of this game, Hearing sonic62 talk about all the time is giving me the urge to breed!

Sonic62
01-18-2009, 02:40 PM
I need to start getting into the competitive side of this game, Hearing sonic62 talk about all the time is giving me the urge to breed!
Glad I could help. It's like whatever series of games TSG does a marathon of, I get the urge to play. :lol:

the1stpkmnfan
01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Blue
Stadium
Snap
Hey You Pikachu
Gold
Stadium 2
Ruby
Colleseum
Channel
Fire Red
Leaf Green
Emerald
Gale of Darkness
Trozei
Ranger
Diamond
Ramger 2
Explorers of Time
Battle Revolution
Ranch

Holy CRAP! I thought I was the only person in the WORLD who owned Pokemon Channel! I loved that game... even though Adam Sessler doesn't think it's a game... :oops:

I've had at least once all of those games above, but some Im trying to relocate, and have them in my brand collection. Plus, I've got Channel, too Such a creative game to play. :)

ditto493
02-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Something simular happened to my Ruby version and my Gold version. Somehow the game data was erased, but they still had my files on them with no play time. I bought them brand new from the store back when they were new games. Since that happened I decided to restart my Gold and the game worked fine, but then I accidently erased the file while I wasn't paying attenion. And then the other day while watching the Pokemon marothon I decided to restart my Ruby and it so far it works just fine.

found this on bulbapedia.It is also becoming physically impossible to play Game Boy Color Pokémon games for any length of time. The internal batteries used in Game Boy cartridges normally last for many years, but the ones in Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal have begun dying quickly because the constantly running real-time clock drains the battery more quickly than expected. When the batteries become unusable, players are unable to retain game saves. Nintendo could address this problem by creating new games that run off of the Nintendo DS's internal clock, like Gen IV games do.

Kilgard
02-01-2009, 04:57 PM
found this on bulbapedia.It is also becoming physically impossible to play Game Boy Color Pokémon games for any length of time. The internal batteries used in Game Boy cartridges normally last for many years, but the ones in Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal have begun dying quickly because the constantly running real-time clock drains the battery more quickly than expected. When the batteries become unusable, players are unable to retain game saves. Nintendo could address this problem by creating new games that run off of the Nintendo DS's internal clock, like Gen IV games do.

This is a pretty simple do it yourself fix, and if you don't know how to solder, it can be remedied with some creative tape use.

MSico
02-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I doubt if kids everywhere have their own soldering irons.

Kilgard
02-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I doubt if kids everywhere have their own soldering irons.

I did :(