PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about the Zelda marathon well for me.

zach2m1
12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Well today my mom just told me that we are going to New York! But we are going on March Friday the 13th and I am going to be back on that Monday so it looks like I am going to miss the entire Zelda marathon. I would just like to say to everyone that I am sorry. I know I said that I was going to be there no matter what but I was not aware of this. I really, really wanted to see this but it looks like its not going to happen. :( I know this is very unfortunate for me. And I am greatly disappointed at the situation. I asked my mom if we could residual it but she said no. I told her about the cause but she did care. She said that we are going on that date. I am very sad at this that I will not be able to see you guys play all 13 Zelda games. :( Well I just thought I should tell all of you about this. But I will be here every day on the forums but I will not be here for the Zelda marathon. :(

Sincerely, Zach2m1 :(

Richord
12-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Ouch. That really sucks man... :cry:

zach2m1
12-27-2008, 07:25 PM
I know tell me about it :(

Gwellin
12-27-2008, 07:31 PM
That's too bad Zach. Maybe you can catch us if you have a moment with a computer, but I'm sure you'll have fun in New York even without us.

zach2m1
12-27-2008, 07:34 PM
That's too bad Zach. Maybe you can catch us if you have a moment with a computer, but I'm sure you'll have fun in New York even without us.
Sure I will have fun but I would also have fun if I joined in on the marathon. I feel really bad that I'm not going to be able to check it out. :(

Alezicarus
12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
bummer. sorry to hear, but i sure hope you do enjoy your time in New York

Cross-Warrior
12-27-2008, 08:01 PM
So sorry to hear that Zach, i wish the the best of fun in New York

Rust
12-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Well there is still a fair amount of time until the marathon, who knows, situations could change, but don't worry, it's not the end of the world, and we all know if you could be there you would because you're one of the biggest fans of TSG.

zach2m1
12-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys. I hope something might come up and we could go to New York sometime later during the March Break. But when I get back i will send in a piece of fan art, donate and I will advertise for this marathon.

Gwellin
12-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys. I hope something might come up and we could go to New York sometime later during the March Break. But when I get back i will send in a piece of fan art, donate and I will advertise for this marathon.
Send your fan art in just before you leave and maybe we can work it in as a contest submission.

Richord
12-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Think of it as you won't pass out from not getting enough sleep.

zach2m1
12-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Send your fan art in just before you leave and maybe we can work it in as a contest submission.

Well thanks Ill send in some fan art before I go. Well what about the grand prize for like donating could you work me in there as well? I would greatly appreciate it.

Gwellin
12-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Well thanks Ill send in some fan art before I go. Well what about the grand prize for like donating could you work me in there as well? I would greatly appreciate it.
Talking with Britt he says that the ChipIn widget should be up a day or two early. Check the site before you leave and if you are able to donate you'll definitely be in for the grand prize.

Aeronautical
12-27-2008, 08:33 PM
That's terrible! I would hate if that happened to me! And by the looks of my summer schedule it just might. Anyways, it won't be the same without you Zach!

zach2m1
12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Talking with Britt he says that the ChipIn widget should be up a day or two early. Check the site before you leave and if you are able to donate you'll definitely be in for the grand prize.

OK sure thing I will donate. And thanks aero it means a lot :D

Sonic62
12-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Won't be the same without you. Have fun anyway! :D

the1stpkmnfan
12-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Aww man, Zach that's not good. :( But I still hope you'll have fun in NY, and well miss you just as much as you miss us.

If your staying at a hotel or something, try going to the Business Center room, and see if there's a Computer available, so well get to hear from you! Let's hope it turns all out good.

kmmgreen5
12-27-2008, 10:33 PM
zach get your mom drunk again say what are you talking bout we weren't going to new york this weekend , then give her guitar hero _awesome_

Shojau
12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Exploit it man. Sit in the lobby of some huge hotel with a computer
navigate to the site and start showing people the glory that is TSG!

mckma
12-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Exploit it man. Sit in the lobby of some huge hotel with a computer
navigate to the site and start showing people the glory that is TSG!
That would probably be the ultimate promotion...

Kurono
12-28-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm assuming you're going to NYC.

Sucks. I'd say come to my house we could watch together but I live 3.5 hours from NYC. =/

We'll miss ya.

TwilightWarrior
12-28-2008, 01:16 AM
what?! you're not gonna be there?! aw man! :cry: *sigh* oh well, it's fine. besides, i might miss the FF marathon if it's in the summer. the marathon just won't be the same without you, zach.

zach2m1
12-28-2008, 03:46 AM
Well before I leave I am going to donate, send in fan art, and send an email. Well its quiet aways off so you never know something could pop up. Lets see what happens.

killerwombat
12-28-2008, 12:08 PM
On the day it starts. Ouch man. Anyway just try to enjoy ur time out while your there. Bring me back something :D

Gwellin
12-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Zach, make sure you get to go to Nintendo World. That would be worth the trip in my opinion. And if you were able to get the marathon displayed there, well that would be the best advertisement of all. :P

MSico
12-28-2008, 12:22 PM
That sucks zach but you'll definitely be here in spirit! Also we'll have to see if anyone's willing to record parts of this, because seriously, there are going to be some mo'fo'in' EPIC runs going on.

We'll be sure to give you a shoutout if you can manage to get online at any point. Also, keep us posted on the plans!

kmmgreen5
12-28-2008, 12:36 PM
i got it zach find a computer get a projecter sit inside your room get the marathon on there and then open up the window and project the marathon onto the side of a building _awesome_ thats the best advertisement (you may also need to get some speakers so people can hear but worry bout that stuff later)

StopDropAndBear
12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
That's a bummer, zach-o..it won't be quite the same without you!
Don't worry, I'll be there to represent all of Southern Ontario on your behalf. You just enjoy your trip! Bring me back a souvenir :D

the1stpkmnfan
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Zach, make sure you get to go to Nintendo World. That would be worth the trip in my opinion. And if you were able to get the marathon displayed there, well that would be the best advertisement of all. :P

I agree, that's where I'd go everytime I take a trip to NY. Especially the best store to visit if you can't attend the marathon, when you go to New York. It's a video gamer's palace. :)

killerwombat
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
You should go to the Nintendo store. I always wanted to go there. To advertise for the marathon, dress up as Link and walk around town. Act really casual like its nothing out of the ordinary though. If anybody laughs just say something like, "What, is there something in my teeth? What? Oh, Im dressed like this to support a Zelda marathon for charity. Go to thespeedgamers.com on Mar.13." Dont say anything though unless someone asks you. It will be hilarious. :lol:

Kurono
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
OH! if we're suggesting Nintendo World I'm also going to suggest going to Toys R' Us in Time Square.
They just opened up a 1000 square foot Nintendo Department. =D

zach2m1
12-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I am going to the Nintendo store and yes I will keep you guys posted on the plans and if I get any kind of chance to be on a computer with Internet ill take it. That would be great if you guys can record those speed runs.

mckma
12-28-2008, 02:54 PM
I am going to the Nintendo store and yes I will keep you guys posted on the plans and if I get any kind of chance to be on a computer with Internet ill take it. That would be great if you guys can record those speed runs.
I really wish I could go to the Nintendo store without going to New York...

zach2m1
12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Well what ever I buy Ill be sure to post a picture of it when I get back

mckma
12-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Make sure it's good stuff :P

Diana3
12-28-2008, 03:23 PM

Ooh I agree. Have you ever been to Nintendo World? It's pretty awesome, esp when they're celebrating something big. Bring enough money to pick up some awesome shirts!

fettouhi
12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
well if you are staying at a ok hotel then they may have free Internet or you can get online for a day for so for a small amount of money. I did that because I needed to check mail and it ok connection they have. I stayed at the Amsterdam Court Hotel on 50st between Broadway and 7 avenue. ok hotel to stay in but its really smack middle of the city witch I found really nice.

some sight seeing tips if you haven't been to NY before

do the Top of the rock tour its like 20$ and you get to come up on to the Rockefeller center and you can see the hole town from there. its alot cheaper then doing a chopper tour.

Go See China Town. its a really cool place and it looks really like you would expect.

Go to the Met. yup The Metropolitan Museum of Art thats a really cool place. I did not go there myself but the friends did and they have a lot of cool stuff to see.

ok if you haven't seen Statue of Liberty do you take the tour where you go to the Island. its not work it. takes forever to get on because there are so many people there and you can't get up in the torch its closed for people. so do the normal faerie that goes to Staten Island instead you can see the Statue of Liberty on that and its free. takes 30 min each way and you just have to get off and then board on again.

the rest is up to you there is so much to see but those are what I recommend.

Gwellin
12-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Ooh I agree. Have you ever been to Nintendo World? It's pretty awesome, esp when they're celebrating something big. Bring enough money to pick up some awesome shirts!
Never been out of Canada actually. Nintendo World is one of the few places I would consider a trip for though.

Aeronautical
12-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Never been out of Canada actually. Nintendo World is one of the few places I would consider a trip for though.
I went there as a kid. I don't really remember much about it, though. But it really seems like a cool place to visit

zach2m1
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all the great tips Fettouhi. :) And yes I will see if I can find and use the Internet for a bit sometime that weekend. Believe me if I get the chance to use the Internet I will take it.

bobo_dude16
12-28-2008, 10:15 PM
im sorry man. i hope you have a good time in new york though. i have family up there and i love it!

as for nintendo world, went there when it still was pokemon center. i went there again a little after super paper mario came out. i love that place. they even have a nintendo swiss army knife!!!

the1stpkmnfan
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM

Hey, will you also take pics of the Store as well? I haven't been there since May, and I'd love to see what they've made the store look like then. Oh, and if possible, see if you can take a movie of you playing the Wii. :) Have fun, and well hope to see you from an Internet.

killerwombat
12-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Just to be sure, didnt the nintendo store used to be the pokemon center? DL

zach2m1
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Hey, will you also take pics of the Store as well? I haven'y been there since May, and I'd love to see what they've made the store look like then. Oh, and if possible, see if you can take a movie of you playing the Wii. :) Have fun, and well hope to see you from an Internet.

Sure thing if I find my camera and I need to get a new SD card anyways. X|

the1stpkmnfan
12-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Just to be sure, didnt the nintendo store used to be the pokemon center? DL

Yep, it used to be, now unfortunatley, it's not. I was kinda dissapointed from that, since I never got to see it before they changed it all. I think they changed it all in 2005.

Diana3
12-29-2008, 01:26 PM

You've never left canada??? O.O
Don't expect nintendo world to be earth-shattering. It's rather small, but it is cool. If you go to NYC: get musical tickets... go to nintendo world, apple store, fao schwarz, toys r us, M&M store. The best buys aren't worth it and the people working at them are creepsie. Also don't eat anything sold on the street. Hehe :lol:

Aeronautical
12-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I once went to Nintendo World Headquarters, but they wouldn't let me in... Also their building was ugly. If you ask me, they should have tours for those types of places. They'd certainly make money off of it. And Nintendo HQ, no less!

zach2m1
12-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Don't expect nintendo world to be earth-shattering. It's rather small, but it is cool. If you go to NYC: get musical tickets... go to nintendo world, apple store, fao schwarz, toys r us, M&M store. The best buys aren't worth it and the people working at them are creepsie. Also don't eat anything sold on the street. Hehe :lol:

Well I am going to see marry popins with my family it should be good :)

Richord
12-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I've been out of Canada.... once. My favorite trips are the ones to Quebec though. We normally go to amusment parks and such.

Kurono
12-30-2008, 02:05 AM
It appears I might not have access to a computer at the time of the next marathon.
So now I'm in the same boat as zach kinda.

;_______________;

Mezix
12-30-2008, 01:01 PM

You MUST go to the Apple Store in Fifth Avenue.

Aeronautical
12-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I feel bad for anyone whose never left their country, and even more for Americans who have never left their state. In the future, I hope traveling becomes a lot cheaper. Everyone deserves to travel! At least I think so

the1stpkmnfan
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I once went to Nintendo World Headquarters, but they wouldn't let me in... Also their building was ugly. If you ask me, they should have tours for those types of places. They'd certainly make money off of it. And Nintendo HQ, no less!

I guess Nintendo is too busy making over a 1000 games per year, they don't bother making their HQs colorful, but keep them dull to blend in. Im going to Japan next summer after Schools out, and I'll see if the HQs there, and give a feeback, too.

Gwellin
12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I feel bad for anyone whose never left their country, and even more for Americans who have never left their state. In the future, I hope traveling becomes a lot cheaper. Everyone deserves to travel! At least I think so
I haven't left Canada, but I have been in half of the provinces. This spring though I will be going to South Korea to visit a friend who has been teaching English to elementary school kids for several months. There is the potential that we will then take a ferry over to Japan for a few days, I don't know. This will be quite a jump for me.

Aeronautical
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I haven't left Canada, but I have been in half of the provinces. This spring though I will be going to South Korea to visit a friend who has been teaching English to elementary school kids for several months. There is the potential that we will then take a ferry over to Japan for a few days, I don't know. This will be quite a jump for me.
Oooh, cool. What parts of Japan might you go to?

Diana3
12-30-2008, 05:05 PM

That is so cool! Have fun, and take lots of crazy pictures for us : )

Gwellin
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Oooh, cool. What parts of Japan might you go to?
I have no idea, although he might do that with his parents first, who are heading there in January.

That is so cool! Have fun, and take lots of crazy pictures for us : )
Oh of course I will.

Aeronautical
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Yay! I wanna see some pictures too. If I ever find some from my trip to Japan I'll be sure to show them to you. Also, buy lot's of stuff you'll never need! You never know when it will come in handy.

SuperPaperNess
12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
I've never left the US, but I've left Nevada to go to Utah, California, and Michigan. For all of you who can't watch the marathon, that really sucks.:( But I really have no life so I should be there!

killerwombat
01-03-2009, 11:34 PM

I guess Nintendo is too busy making over a 1000 games per year, they don't bother making their HQs colorful, but keep them dull to blend in. Im going to Japan next summer after Schools out, and I'll see if the HQs there, and give a feeback, too.

Ive always wanted to go to Japan... Can I go too :mrgreen:

whitemage730
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm heading over to Japan summer of 2010 with a friend of mine... I've never left the country either, so It'll be pretty great. It's actually gonna be an interesting trip. We've decided to begin out tour from the East then head West. So we want to start in Japan then end up in Scotland, then maybe do the rest of Europe later. The only problem is that it's going to be the most expensive thing I've ever done... we're still working on money.

killerwombat
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm heading over to Japan summer of 2010 with a friend of mine... I've never left the country either, so It'll be pretty great. It's actually gonna be an interesting trip. We've decided to begin out tour from the East then head West. So we want to start in Japan then end up in Scotland, then maybe do the rest of Europe later. The only problem is that it's going to be the most expensive thing I've ever done... we're still working on money.

Ive rarely ever even been out of state! I lived in AZ all my life. We occasionally went to CA, where I was born, and that was only like 3 times. WE just moved to IN a few weeks ago. I would love so much to go on that trip. Ive always been obsessed with Japan, and the trip sounds awsome. Can I go? TO raise money for the trip, you should trip on a wet floor in a store or restaraunt or something by *accident*. My cousin tripped in one once, and the owner gave them a $100 giftcard. He busted his chin up kinda bad and now he has a scar, but nothing serious. They wanted to sue, but didnt have money for a lawyer, so they just took the money. Best get-rich-quick thing ever.

AsherXII
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
:( It won't be the same without you, zach2m1. That's awesome you get to go to new york though, I always wanted to go there myself. Have a safe trip! _triforce_

chuggaaconroy
01-12-2009, 11:55 PM
You have nothing to be sorry for, if you can't make it, you can't make it. We still all know you care.

01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
I wish you can stay so that everyone on the forums could watch

Brav
01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
You have to to go to the Nintendo World Store in New York Zach! You can buy your own mario plushie for $7 !!!! just like i did....

EDIT: Dang it Gwellin you beat me to it!

zach2m1
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
lol Brav don't worry I am gona spend on awesome things there. Oh ya the other day when I was at the mall I saw a WW plushy toy like really good quality but I didn't have enough money to buy it... :(

zach2m1
02-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Well I am not here to bump up this topic and I am sorry for the double post but I just found out today that I will be home on that Monday later at night so if the marathon goes on any longer (which I hope it does) I will be sure to stay for the rest of the marathon.

MSico
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Zach, I just want you to know that you should be arriving just in time for a huge, awesome surprise.

the1stpkmnfan
02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
^Which is.... (sorry, I'm clueless)

Gwellin
02-03-2009, 07:44 PM
^Which is.... (sorry, I'm clueless)
Uh, I think that's the point of a surprise. :lol:

MSico
02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
The surprise is we're mailing everyone who watches our marathon a bunch of fish! :o

SuperPaperNess
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Eww, fish. Can I have a goldfish instead?

MSico
02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Only if you donate.

kmmgreen5
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
The surprise is we're mailing everyone who watches our marathon a bunch of fish! :o
YES!!!!

EDIT*

Only if you donate.

OH NOES!!!!

the1stpkmnfan
02-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh, Im donating alright. I could go for some Magikarp. Oh wait! This isnt a Pkmn Marathon, it's a Zelda one. So, I guess they're gonna be...Zoras?! Phil, how could you petray them!

zach2m1
02-03-2009, 10:18 PM
YES!!!!

Only if you donate.
YES AGAIN!!!!

TheSpeedGamers
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
We will be posting the donations link 3-4 days ahead of time :)

zach2m1
02-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok thats great news I will be sure to donate I am thinking $30 maybe. A bit more if I am able to get the money. :) Thanks Britt

Aeronautical
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Awwww, it's so great that people are thinking about donating ahead of time! Everyone else should! I'm looking forward to donating again too! Even though the marathon does start a month before my break does ><

bobo_dude16
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
bad new for me is that the marathon is not in my break so ill miss a lot of it ><

erik
02-05-2009, 06:14 PM
it's okay, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled on the Friday the marathon starts, so I might be out for the whole thing too

the1stpkmnfan
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Dang, erik. What a bad case of Bad Luck.

Wait, don't girls get their Wisdom Teeth pulled? Man, I feel sorry for Zelda. :(

MSico
02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I also feel sorry for video game characters, because they're not real like Erik. He's so hot <3

the1stpkmnfan
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, MSico, that's really nice of you to express your feelings like that about erik. :o

zach2m1
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Lol they all do that especially Chase
>>
<<

02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

I just noticed that it is not during myspring break

the1stpkmnfan
02-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Just like how the pokemon marathon started on the friday I got out for Xmas break, the same thing happens for this marathon. It starts on the same day I get out for Spring break.

02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I am so sad T.T *sniff* *sniff* *cries*

Aeronautical
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

I just noticed that it is not during myspring break
It's not during mine either! Waaaah!

Cross-Warrior
02-10-2009, 12:33 AM
its the weekend right before finals week for me! lucky most of my finals are towards the later half of the week!

zach2m1
02-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok I got even more bad news. My mom told me that we are taking the latest flight back possible to Canada so my mom told me that we will be back at our house by 10pm-2am so unless it goes way over time I am missing the entire marathon. I'm sorry guys but I tried my best. :(

the1stpkmnfan
02-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Oh no! That's terrible! :( Zach, Im truely sorry. We should give you a big shout out during the marathon, since your a wonderful family member.

Benito
02-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I could try broadcasting the stream telepathically, but I can't guarantee it'll work.

kmmgreen5
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
zach just for you I'll use all my psychic ability to beam you the marathon telepathically

the1stpkmnfan
02-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Maybe, we can get Emma Frost to use her telepatheic abilities.

SuperPaperNess
02-23-2009, 10:28 PM
:?: :| :?:

the1stpkmnfan
02-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I don't know either. I just threw out a suggestion, and it causes confusion. (Super effective)