PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Wii Music

EternalKonata
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I felt like reviewing this though I think the negative response it earned at E3 was much deserved after playing it. It fell into my hands when a friend decided to buy it and leave it and his wii at my house for a long period of time and I got bored. :3

The game did have some redeeming qualities, like the games. We had a bit of fun doing the handbell game. We couldn't manage to coordinate enough to do the conducting one and it's better for single player. The pitch perfect game wasn't bad and you had to do things like match pitches, make harmonies and such.

However the actual gameplay of playing instruments is kind of fun at first especially when you're learning and not afraid to look silly in front of them; but then again there are far better Wii titles that serve that exact purpose. It's quite a let down when you learn you can shake the controller like a 2 year old and that's pretty much the extend of the game. They have some decent songs on there, but for listening to them you might as well just go on youtube or something.

The fact that the game released with a price of 49.99USD and remains at that price is a surprise to me. It wouldn't have made a bad budget title. However I can honestly say I'd pay the extra on some games that I actually pay less for over paying the extra for this one that should be less. Luckily for me I didn't buy the game though :3 For that, I am relieved.

Definately not a buy, if at all a rent. I can say that if the friend hadn't left it at my house I would have had any interest in picking it up and probably wouldn't have been missing much.

Kilgard
01-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Well since this post has a bunch of veiws and no one has posted I'm going to throw in my two cents, hope you don't mind Konata.

Basically I agree with everything Konata said, this game is way over priced for the amount of "game play" found in the actual game. I'm not even sure this game would be worth playing for more then 30 minutes if it came free with some other game.

This is one of the many Wii titles that falls in to the "Great to watch someone else play, Terrible to play yourself". So if you have some crazy friend that wants to bring this over and show you, grab your beverage of choice and try to control the laughter while they play there "instrument".

Aeronautical
01-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree with Kona. I don't own a Wii, but based on all the moaning and groaning I've seen from my friends, I'm sure it isn't that great. It would be fun to just rent it and fool around with the game for a bit though X3

Sonic62
01-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I got this game for Christmas, it's not that bad.

Kooriken
01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, being a music buff, I might pick it up, but I've heard it isn't all that good.

whitemage730
01-12-2009, 06:58 PM
When I saw this at E3 I thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. I reserved it, and got it when it came out. And I honestly had fun with it for the first 5 minutes I was playing... then it got old. I did really enjoy Drum mode, though I wish they made it a bit longer and more difficult.

Kilgard
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, being a music buff, I might pick it up, but I've heard it isn't all that good.

I'm also a huge music buff, I love ever aspect of it... except this game. I highly recommend finding a friend who has it and playing there copy, or renting it at the very least before spending more then $5 on this. Konata's review is pretty much the exact same experience right down to figuring out that you don't actually have to try to play the instrument, I honestly think spinning the wiimote around your head and pretending you're in an old ninja movie would work just as well.

SuperPaperNess
01-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I've heard bad reviews about this game, then good reviews, then more bad reviews. I'm so confused. :|

bobo_dude16
01-15-2009, 10:13 PM
SPN it is ok, i dont like it too much. all you do is pretend to play an instruement...

SuperPaperNess
01-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I like playing an instrument in reality anyway. _link_

02-09-2009, 09:47 AM
some people may not no wii music holds it's share of secrets i will post some videos of them here later