PDA

View Full Version : Sidebars

Muzy72
06-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I want to make sidebars for my next LP, but I have absolutely no idea how to :P. Can someone explain to me step by step how to do this. And I don't have Photoshop, so I'm going to need some other way to make them...

D3adlyNinja
06-05-2010, 07:46 PM
while i myself do not know how to make them, i do know that people who use them usually make them in gimp which is a free if you didn't know

Dementrious
06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Try googling "how to make sidebars for youtube videos" There's a few tutorials that'll pop up. Maybe one of them will be useful to you.

kevinj2010
06-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Depends on the software you use, if you use movie maker... i don't think it can be done. If you use pinnacle studio, or sony vegas, or some other good video editor, you can make titles, in these titles you should be able to put in pictures, ie the sidebars. once you size them snuggly around the video you now have sidebars.

As for making them, you can always just go with paint, the magnifier can help you cut out images somewhat and give a satisfactory result. Otherwise you could ask some of the people around here to help you out!

I'd be willing to but i'm not that good :fail:

Muzy72
06-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Depends on the software you use, if you use movie maker... i don't think it can be done. If you use pinnacle studio, or sony vegas, or some other good video editor, you can make titles, in these titles you should be able to put in pictures, ie the sidebars. once you size them snuggly around the video you now have sidebars.

As for making them, you can always just go with paint, the magnifier can help you cut out images somewhat and give a satisfactory result. Otherwise you could ask some of the people around here to help you out!

I'd be willing to but i'm not that good :fail:
Well I use Camtasia Studio, and I have no idea how to put sidebars on the video with it :P.

I don't think I'd be able to make good sidebars myself, so if you could help me, that would be great! I don't need amazing ones, I think you could make some that are just fine ;).

wee187
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I use sidebars, what I do is crop the video in Sony Vegas and put a background image and info there. That's in a nutshell, I suck at explaining this stuff though. >_<

90HeroMAXD
06-09-2010, 08:17 PM
usually there are software programs for this sorta thing (livetype)
but other then that your going to need to scale it, crop it and just use any kind of art based software(fireworks, photoshop)

2fast4you
06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Sidebars...oh how great they are...

Depending on the program your using to create the Side Bars, then it can be easy or hard. IF you are using Photoshop then Yippy for you, if your using Paint, then ...have fun...

And the video program is also an issue. Im sure Camtasia can do side bars, and I personally know Vegas can do them, but Movie Maker cannot. Not sure about pinnacle, I only use it to capture.