PDA

View Full Version : DSi

Sonic62
10-02-2008, 01:29 AM
So, what's everyone think? Here's the official site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsi.html

fettouhi
10-02-2008, 02:54 AM
So, what's everyone think? Here's the official site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsi.html

its gonna be awesome :D I gonna switch my DS out with this one definitely :D

Ferenc
10-02-2008, 04:39 AM
I may switch over unless it has like anti R4 software on it.

MSico
10-02-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't think it's worth it. I've still got my launch day DS and it rocks my face off. :P

fettouhi
10-02-2008, 11:23 AM
problem here is that if I take my DS some where I can't get onlne because all hotspots are WPA and DS only supports WEP so I really need the upgrade witch should have been done along time ago imo

Gwellin
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
I may switch over unless it has like anti R4 software on it.
It will, there is no doubt about it.

Sonic62
10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm definitely getting one on release date. Just as I did the original DS and DS Lite.

Ninboycl
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Seriously, I don't know. Movies, Music, Pictures...
I don't really wanna spend 200 dollars for something I already have it.

zach2m1
10-02-2008, 06:42 PM
An new hand held from Nintendo im picking it up :D

kmmgreen5
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
lol thats pretty awesome i m to poor to go buy a new ds but still i m takeing all kinds of werid pics when it comes out and they have it at walmart

zach2m1
10-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Well I gota save up some money starting now tho.

zach2m1
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
W8 are they gona get new ds game cuz if there not Ill be thinking about it unless if they come up with some new things besides a camera tho

Ninboycl
10-02-2008, 07:11 PM
If you lurked moar, you would see moar.

skthmgs
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
My biggest problem with the DSi: no GBA slot. I don't know about everyone else, but I play plenty of GBA games on my DS. The built-in features seem kind of interesting, but I think for the moment I'll just stick with my current DS and wait to see what this new one offers before I think about buying it.

wiifan_362
10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
wow, nintendo is finally catching on...

thing looks l33t tho.

Sonic62
10-02-2008, 10:11 PM
wow, nintendo is finally catching on...

thing looks l33t tho.
What's got me really excited is the prospect of playing VC games on the go.

wiifan_362
10-02-2008, 10:22 PM
and the brand spankin' new "Nintendo" Points. ooooooooooooooooooo. :D

Gwellin
10-02-2008, 10:31 PM
and the brand spankin' new "Nintendo" Points. ooooooooooooooooooo. :D
I thought they were DSi points...

fettouhi
10-03-2008, 03:03 AM
well in my country we don't have point because nintendo has out sourced the support to a outside firm so we are getting left out from the wii point witch I think is crap I got some games from UK that had point I want to use them DAMIT

wiifan_362
10-03-2008, 10:01 PM
couldnt u import a UK ds/wii? then it'd work.

Link17000
10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't want to buy it, but knowing me I'll give in and get it. The camera seems pointless to me, I could careless about that or playing music. I have an iPhone for that. The online shop is the best addition. That's the main reason I'll give in.

Gwellin
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
It's the same for me. The store, depending on what's available, is the only important feature for me. Well, that and actually being able to use the WiFi without lowering my security.

Mezix
10-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Not worth it.

I'll keep my DS Phat...

kmmgreen5
10-04-2008, 11:34 PM
My biggest problem with the DSi: no GBA slot. I don't know about everyone else, but I play plenty of GBA games on my DS. The built-in features seem kind of interesting, but I think for the moment I'll just stick with my current DS and wait to see what this new one offers before I think about buying it.

wait they never mentioned that :shock:

Sonic62
10-05-2008, 01:12 AM

Sure they did, the SD Card slot is replacing it.

Gwellin
10-05-2008, 01:19 AM

Sure they did, the SD Card slot is replacing it.
More detail. There is an SD card slot, but it's not really replacing the Advance slot. The SD card, along with internal memory, will undoubtedly allow you to pay to download Game Boy Advance games, along with Game Boy, Game Boy Colour and some DS games (the specifically said Brain Age 1 and 2 will be).

After thinking about this some more I might actually buy the DSi, and close to launch even, but I will not be ditching my DS Lite.

SilverSon
10-05-2008, 11:43 AM
This thing is gonna have its own platform? wtf?

Diana3
10-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I think it's going to be great, but we aren't getting it for a while. (thanks *reggie*). I will probably buy one... I mean I bought the red dslite just because it was red... this one has a camera!

Aeronautical
10-05-2008, 04:13 PM
It looks pretty nice. The camera is pretty nifty. No GBA slot though... How will I upload now?

Sonic62
10-05-2008, 09:26 PM
It looks pretty nice. The camera is pretty nifty. No GBA slot though... How will I upload now?
Here's hoping they don't do to the DS Lite what they did with the original DS.

MSico
10-05-2008, 11:57 PM

What did they do? :shock:

Aeronautical
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM

What did they do? :shock:
I'm guessing faze it out. I really hope they don't do that. If they do it'll be really hard to do the Pokemon marathon (unless you use a Lite or original, which I'm guessing you will). They would probably be dumb to do that though.

Gwellin
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm guessing faze it out. I really hope they don't do that. If they do it'll be really hard to do the Pokemon marathon (unless you use a Lite or original, which I'm guessing you will). They would probably be dumb to do that though.
No, it was announced that the DS Lite will still be readily available in North America for some time to come. They really don't expect the DSi to be all that popular over here, so the two will be on sale next to each other.

Overload
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm definitely sticking with my Lite. DSi doesn't appeal much to me, especially since it can't even play gba games. While it can play music and take pics it is nothing that I need and I have an mp3 player and don't need to take pictures, let alone with a crappy DS camera.

They are just raking as much money as possible out of the DS. All you need is one iteration of the 3 and you are set.

Sonic62
10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Why would it be hard to do the Pokémon marathon? For one thing, DSi won't even be here yet and it's not like the older models already owned will suddenly stop working in December. :P

fettouhi
10-07-2008, 01:15 AM
lol sonic :D if that happen it would be Armageddon :D

EDIT:

I have been listening to CagCast and they are talking about the DSI store. and the buzz is the DSware games are gonna go for 200, 500 and 800 point and the Wii point will be named Nintendo points. now since this here is gonna effect the Wii I hope they will do some login on the store so we can see the downloaded VC games on the Wii and download them to are dsi and play them on there if we want to. I think the dsi would be powerful enough to play some of the games but the problem is that we dont have all the buttons for snes fx.

zach2m1
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
So is there gona be downloadable content though like to KEEP on you DSi if so then I will be considering of picking it up then.

Gwellin
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
New news (which I'm sure Fettouhi will hate), the Nintendo DSi will be region locked. Meaning Europeans will not be able to play North American games and vice versa.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5059870/dsi-games-are-region-locked).

Sonic62
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
So is there gona be downloadable content though like to KEEP on you DSi if so then I will be considering of picking it up then.
Like the Wii, the DSi will have internal memory.

zach2m1
10-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Like the Wii, the DSi will have internal memory.
Omg really ok I am definatly picking it up then I needed a new DS anyways :D

Sonic62
10-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I think this would be a good thing to post! Everything you need to know about DSi! (for now)
http://ds.ign.com/articles/917/917200p1.html

MSico
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Wait, so is there any word about if we'll be able to load our VC games to this new DS in any capacity? Because then Nintendo wins the console war. And my heart.

Gwellin
10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Wait, so is there any word about if we'll be able to load our VC games to this new DS in any capacity? Because then Nintendo wins the console war. And my heart.
I really doubt this will ever happen. In fact I'm sure there will not be any non portable titles on the DSi.

fettouhi
10-08-2008, 03:55 AM
New news (which I'm sure Fettouhi will hate), the Nintendo DSi will be region locked. Meaning Europeans will not be able to play North American games and vice versa.

GOD DAMIT!!!!

whats the point in that ??? the DS games are REGION FREE so why make the VC region locked ???? :evil:

zach2m1
10-08-2008, 05:55 AM

GOD DAMIT!!!!

whats the point in that ??? the DS games are REGION FREE so why make the VC region locked ???? :evil:
Ya I was really mad when I heard about that :(

dryuriev7777
10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Why is it European countries get treated like crap from video game companies? It's not fair...

Sonic62
10-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Why is it European countries get treated like crap from video game companies? It's not fair...
At least you get Pokémon events...

fettouhi
10-09-2008, 03:24 AM
offence but, whoptido for pokemon. if we compare that too all the tings we are missing out on.

Sonic62
10-09-2008, 06:16 PM
offence but, whoptido for pokemon. if we compare that too all the tings we are missing out on.
_objection_ Getting it late > Never getting it

zach2m1
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM

Well you guys got Mario Kart Wii way before us but we did get brawl so ya I guess they do threat you guys bad :?

bagger
10-11-2008, 08:29 AM

Gwellin
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
You bring up a very good point bagger.

Lets stick to the real issue here. Japan get treated much better than Europe and North America. Many of the best games are made in Japan, but only half make it out of the country, and they are always late to do so.

fettouhi
10-12-2008, 07:16 AM
well japan is the main market for the DS. out of a money making prospective I would do the same has nintendo but they should start listing to some of the consumers because there are potential title that have a huge market over in EU and the US witch they don't exploit.

Kurono
10-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I myself will be getting a DSi. I was talking to my friend at Gamestop today (he works there) about it and we think it'll be pretty cool.

I heard somewhere (I'll try to find the link) that everyone who logs into the DSi store for the first time will receive 1000 Nintendo points automatically. It's most probably false though. I don't see why they'd be so generous when they weren't with Wii.

Gwellin
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I heard somewhere (I'll try to find the link) that everyone who logs into the DSi store for the first time will receive 1000 Nintendo points automatically. It's most probably false though. I don't see why they'd be so generous when they weren't with Wii.
I heard the same thing. It was official, for logins before March or something. This was for the Japan release though, so there is no telling whether Nintendo wants to be that generous when they release the DSi in other regions.

well japan is the main market for the DS. out of a money making prospective I would do the same has nintendo but they should start listing to some of the consumers because there are potential title that have a huge market over in EU and the US witch they don't exploit.
Listening to this weeks CAGCast today CheepyD speculated that the region locking my only affect the DSi Store. That may be the case, since current DS cards are not region specific, so its doubtful DSi ones would.

Kurono
10-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I heard the region locking was only for DSi. Much like a japanese Wii can't DL VC or Wiiware stuff in other countries. And the same for every country.

Gwellin
10-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I heard the region locking was only for DSi. Much like a japanese Wii can't DL VC or Wiiware stuff in other countries. And the same for every country.
Damn that DL. I'm sure you meant download.

Yes, the Wii Shop Channel is region locked. The thing is Wii disc games are also restricted, while DS games are not. I believe/hope DSi games will not be either, only the online store.

Sonic62
10-18-2008, 02:40 AM
Shouldn't be too worried yet, as there are no plans for DSi exclusive games anyway.

fettouhi
10-18-2008, 05:50 AM
well there probably will be something like that :(

Aeronautical
10-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Shouldn't be too worried yet, as there are no plans for DSi exclusive games anyway.
They better not make DSI exclusives! Or if they do, at least not make many of them. Of they outright replace the DS with the DSI that would be a big marketing goof on their part >_<

Sonic62
10-19-2008, 01:59 AM
They won't. The only thing that will be exclusive to DSi is obviously the downloaded games as the DS and DSL don't have the memory for it.

fettouhi
10-19-2008, 02:15 AM
welll guitar hero is exlcusiv for the DSL because the GBA slot is gone so you can't play that game on DSI. What if they start to make downloadeble content ??? for games. think of mega man 9 dpn't think that will work too go on DSL.

Sonic62
10-19-2008, 02:25 AM
welll guitar hero is exlcusiv for the DSL because the GBA slot is gone so you can't play that game on DSI. What if they start to make downloadeble content ??? for games. think of mega man 9 dpn't think that will work too go on DSL.
1. Guitar Hero works on the first DS.
2. About the downloaded content, that's what I said! :?

fettouhi
10-19-2008, 02:34 AM
yea bit it will not work on DSI no slot so why should someone keep the old DS, DSL to play GH ? there will be some exclusive stuff for it.

Kurono
10-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, rumble pack for DS won't work. Even though I only ever had one game where it was supported. Now it just collects dust on my dresser.

The only thing I see being exclusive is DSware. And maybe some added content to a game IF they decide to go that route.

I'll be keeping my DSL because of the GBA-slot.

Sonic62
10-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, rumble pack for DS won't work. Even though I only ever had one game where it was supported. Now it just collects dust on my dresser.

The only thing I see being exclusive is DSware. And maybe some added content to a game IF they decide to go that route.

I'll be keeping my DSL because of the GBA-slot.
Ya, you've got it. I have two games that support my rumble pak, Metroid Prime Pinball and Hunters. :D Were there actually any other games that used it?

fettouhi
10-20-2008, 03:26 AM
this is the list I could find for rumble support on DS

* Actionloop (Europe)
* Air Traffic Chaos
* Clubhouse Games
* Custom Robo Arena
* Diddy Kong Racing DS
* Elite Beat Agents
* Ferrari Challenge
* Grid
* Hotel Dusk: Room 215
* Iron Man (video game)
* Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
* Magnetica
* Mahjong Fight Club DS - Wi-Fi Taiou
* Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
* Metroid Prime Hunters
* Metroid Prime Pinball
* Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
* Orcs and Elves
* Picross DS
* Power Pro Kun Pocket 9
* Power Pro-kun Pocket 10
* Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
* Race Driver: Create and Race
* Sega Superstars Tennis
* Space Invaders Extreme
* Star Fox Command
* Star Trek: Tactical Assault
* Super Princess Peach
* The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
* Wario: Master of Disguise
* WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Kurono
10-20-2008, 06:26 AM
I've played some of those but I don't think I had the Rumble pack at the time or on me when I did (if it was at a friends house).

MSico
10-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Hotel Dusk? Really? But you hold it sideways... :shock:

Sonic62
10-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow, I had no idea there were that many! :o

fettouhi
10-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Hotel Dusk? Really? But you hold it sideways... :shock:

I found the list so I can't be sure about it but its more then 2 games :D

Vengeance
10-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll be keeping my DS Lite and be purchasing DSi. DSi better let me play my favorite SNES games (Via hax) and have an Interbutts browser built in...

the SD card slot is F****** awesome...

Sonic62
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I'll be keeping my DS Lite and be purchasing DSi. DSi better let me play my favorite SNES games (Via hax) and have an Interbutts browser built in...

the SD card slot is F****** awesome...
You are in luck, DSi does in fact have a built in internet browser.

fettouhi
10-27-2008, 02:16 AM
I hope its not gonna sucks as much as the wii browser

Kurono
10-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Probably. It'll be using Opera last I heard. It will still probably have outdated flash on it too. >_<

Gwellin
10-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Keep in mind that they already a Nintendo DS Browser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2yfhBSvR0) available for the DS and DS Lite, using Opera.

It is [slightly] possible that they'll improve upon that for the DSi, maybe so far as including Flash. Also the DSi will have firmware updates which Nintendo use to upgrade it... not that they did on the Wii at all.

Diana3
10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Keep in mind that they already a Nintendo DS Browser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2yfhBSvR0) available for the DS and DS Lite, using Opera.

It is [slightly] possible that they'll improve upon that for the DSi, maybe so far as including Flash. Also the DSi will have firmware updates which Nintendo use to upgrade it... not that they did on the Wii at all.

WHAT? Have you used the ds browser? It's barely... just ever so barely functional.

Flash is a possibility as it is either almost or already completed for the iphone (I read somewhere that they're just waiting on the OK from apple). Although nintendo is known for being quite behind the times with stuff like this. I wont keep my hopes up, but it would be so awesome! :D

Gwellin
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
WHAT? Have you used the ds browser? It's barely... just ever so barely functional.

Flash is a possibility as it is either almost or already completed for the iphone (I read somewhere that they're just waiting on the OK from apple). Although nintendo is known for being quite behind the times with stuff like this. I wont keep my hopes up, but it would be so awesome! :D
No, I have not used the DS Browser, I was just informing everyone that it already exists, and the DSi will not likely have anything much better. Flash is in the Wii Internet Channel, but it's only version 6 I believe, and with Flash Player 10 recently released it can't run much.

I have heard the same thing about Flash on the iPhone/iPod Touch, that Adobe decided to fully develop it without Apples blessing, hoping that they'd come around. Right now the App Store conditions prevent any modification of existing apps, or duplications of their functions. So Apple will have to either make an exception for Adobe or work with them to build it right in to the Safari.

Diana3
10-27-2008, 04:51 PM

No, I have not used the DS Browser, I was just informing everyone that it already exists, and the DSi will not likely have anything much better. Flash is in the Wii Internet Channel, but it's only version 6 I believe, and with Flash Player 10 recently released it can't run much.

I have heard the same thing about Flash on the iPhone/iPod Touch, that Adobe decided to fully develop it without Apples blessing, hoping that they'd come around. Right now the App Store conditions prevent any modification of existing apps, or duplications of their functions. So Apple will have to either make an exception for Adobe or work with them to build it right in to the Safari.

I think they'd probably build it into safari as a $20 upgrade for ipod touch users :)

Gwellin
10-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I think they'd probably build it into safari as a $20 upgrade for ipod touch users :)
Sounds like something they'd do. :(

Sonic62
11-01-2008, 01:15 PM
:lol: http://kotaku.com/5073121/hey-dummy-don ... tendo-tips (http://kotaku.com/5073121/hey-dummy-dont-microwave-the-dsi-and-other-nintendo-tips)

DSi has sold over 170,000 units during it's first two days on the market in Japan, selling out the initial shipment.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6200582.html

RyanThePerson
11-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Well, it looks like it's time to get a job. XD

wiifan_362
11-12-2008, 10:04 PM
i want an iDS-I-I mean DSi. :D

RyanThePerson
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
i want an iDS-I-I mean DSi. :D
That's what I thought when I first saw the lower case i. I was like "Holy shit, Nintendo partnered up with Apple?" :lol:

Kylethedarkn
11-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Probably will get this eventually for Zelda. Because we all know there will be a Zelda on it. I was disappointed thoroughly with the DSi though, because it shows once again Nintendo=Casual=Crapsual=Craptastic=Crap

Wormow
12-22-2008, 07:17 PM
For those who aren't getting the DSi: Future games won't be compatible with the old kind of DS

kmmgreen5
12-22-2008, 07:21 PM
For those who aren't getting the DSi: Future games won't be compatible with the old kind of DS

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :o

Sonic62
12-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Untrue. They already confirmed they aren't doing that. DS Ware games obviously will only be DSi though.

kmmgreen5
12-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Untrue. They already confirmed they aren't doing that. DS Ware games obviously will only be DSi though.

*sigh of relief* ahh to many twists

Wormow
12-22-2008, 07:36 PM

Shh. We need people panicking in this world

mckma
12-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I forgot, are there dual touchscreens now? That might make a change...

Gwellin
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I forgot, are there dual touchscreens now? That might make a change...
I think that was a rumour.

empressdonna
12-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Personally, I will not be getting a DSi.

I am quite happy with my original DS. But if I didn't have a DS, then I might consider it.

But only if nintendo had put a GBA slot in it.

darkhamsterlord
12-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I was planning on getting one.

Until I read that there wasn't a GBA slot.

Luminary
12-23-2008, 12:00 PM
I think that MP3 on my DS would be cool. I don't currently have an MP3, I've refrained from buying one because I already carry around enough gadgets. It's sort of a hassle. So I'm beginning to understand the "extra features" thing, at least on a handheld. Do the webcams record gameplay/can the send it to the internet? That might be nice. VC on DS sounds awesome, too, since it can handle most of the old games.

mckma
12-23-2008, 12:07 PM
I think that MP3 on my DS would be cool. I don't currently have an MP3, I've refrained from buying one because I already carry around enough gadgets. It's sort of a hassle. So I'm beginning to understand the "extra features" thing, at least on a handheld. Do the webcams record gameplay/can the send it to the internet? That might be nice. VC on DS sounds awesome, too, since it can handle most of the old games.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have MP3 compatibility...

Unless of course you were just referring to music, but I've seen a few places that it only supports AAC files...

whitemage730
12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Well its not gonna play GBA games at all, and I still like to play my GBA and GBC pokemon games, si if i get it I'm definately keeping my other DS

kmmgreen5
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Well its not gonna play GBA games at all, and I still like to play my GBA and GBC pokemon games, si if i get it I'm definately keeping my other DS

GBC games wont work in DS it only worked in GBA's

mckma
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM

GBC games wont work in DS it only worked in GBA's
Yeah, I need to look into getting a GBA SP for old games one of these days...

Gwellin
12-23-2008, 10:12 PM
You are all missing that the DSi will have a virtual console on it. You will likely be able to play games from all of Nintendo's portable systems on it, without lugging around the cartrages.

mckma
12-24-2008, 08:51 PM
You are all missing that the DSi will have a virtual console on it. You will likely be able to play games from all of Nintendo's portable systems on it, without lugging around the cartrages.

Yeah but the paying and the downloading...

I'll stick to my cartridges if possible (since I have a lot)...

kmmgreen5
12-24-2008, 10:13 PM
maybe if you register your games you can have a downloadable version for your dsi

mckma
12-24-2008, 10:43 PM
maybe if you register your games you can have a downloadable version for your dsi
That would be nice, but I can almost guarantee it will not happen...

kmmgreen5
12-24-2008, 11:03 PM
ya who kept the manuals and stuff from all those old games

mckma
12-24-2008, 11:11 PM
ya who kept the manuals and stuff from all those old games
There would be no way to register most of the games anyway...

If it somehow happened though, I would absolutely love that, all my old games on an SD card or two...

iHeart_Absol
12-28-2008, 11:11 PM

Yes! That is my biggest problem. But otherwise I would go and grab one. I just don't want to spend money on something that I can't swap out for my DS Lite.

the1stpkmnfan
01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I just want to get a DSi to see how amazing it might be. Im all for the camera, pics, music and such. But I cant wait to check out the download shop. It's like a Wii for Traveling.
Now I can get my hands on a copy of the 3rd edition to the DS family.

Sonic62
01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
The DSi will be my 7th Nintendo DS. :shock:

Cross-Warrior
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM

sonic thats insane! what did you do to all your other ones...or do you still have all 6 or them working and running just so you can play pokemon on all of them :o

Kilgard
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM

You have more DSs then i've had 360's /raise eyebrow

Sonic62
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM

sonic thats insane! what did you do to all your other ones...or do you still have all 6 or them working and running just so you can play pokemon on all of them :o
I'll give you a timeline:

1. DS: (Release date) Dead pixel, traded in.

2. DS: This one also had a dead pixel, so I sent it to Nintendo to replace instead.

3. DS: (My current DS)

4. DS Lite: (Release date) Mom tripped on the cord, so it fell off the table and the R button wasn't working right. I took it apart to fix it but must've scratched something, the bottom screen is now always black / inverted colors.

5. DS Lite: Same deal as first DSL.

6. DS Lite: (My current Black / Cobalt DSL)

7. DSi: Coming soon!

whitemage730
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM

I'll give you a timeline:

1. DS: (Release date) Dead pixel, traded in.

2. DS: This one also had a dead pixel, so I sent it to Nintendo to replace instead.

3. DS: (My current DS)

4. DS Lite: (Release date) Mom tripped on the cord, so it fell off the table and the R button wasn't working right. I took it apart to fix it but must've scratched something, the bottom screen is now always black / inverted colors.

5. DS Lite: Same deal as first DSL.

6. DS Lite: (My current Black / Cobalt DSL)

7. DSi: Coming soon!

Oh... my gosh... the most I've ever had of anything is my GBASP, and that was just because I liked the cool NES design on it.
Oh, and I got a second Wii, because my first wii's spindle got too tight, and it couldn't read discs. Nintendo was gonna charge us $230, so we just bought a new one... now the old one is just for VC.

01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
timeline (not like sonics)

•NES
•playstation
•SNES
•Gameboy Color
•Gameboy advance
•Gamecube
•Nintendo DS
• Wii
• DSI will be pre ordered for no hassle with not finding it
:D :D :D :D :D

the1stpkmnfan
01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
My timeline:

SNES (No longer with me; nor my dad's)
Nintendo 64 (Mine's gone or at my nana's/Grandma's what I use often)
Gameboy Pocket (Have it somewhere)
Gameboy (No longer)
Gameboy Color (Purple/ No longer have it :()
Nintendo Gamecube (Still have it)
Gameboy Advance (No longer have it; had like 2: Purple and visible blue)
Gameboy Advance SP (Black; mine but now goes to my mom's, Red; my nana's)
Nintendo DS (The first version; blue, then had a skin that was Sonic Ruch, now Nintendogs; with some of it gone)
Nintendo Wii (Still have it)
Gameboy Advance SP (Pikachu edition, still have it)
Nintendo DS Lite (Red/ got it with Brain Age 2, ripped the two screens off from anger)
Nintendo DS Lite (Colbat Blue, newer one after my red one)
Nintendo DS Lite (Pokemon Dialga and Palkia special edition; still have it)
Nintendo DSi (getting mine soon :mrgreen:)

Ferenc
01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Well as I said in podcast #2, I'm not going to get this unless some impressive DSiware is announced. If there is nothing interesting I'd rather keep my GBA slot.

StopDropAndBear
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm with Ferenc, unless they do something mind-blowingly awesome with the download service, there's no way I'm shelling out ~$200 for one.

I don't own any GBA games, so the absence or presence of the slot isn't really a factor for me (although it's a great place to store candy!), I'm just reticent to make a second redundant DS purchase in as many years. I mean I got a good price on my Lite and I still felt silly buying it when I owned a perfectly good (albeit clunky and awkward) DS already.

iHeart_Absol
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Goodness Sonic, so much bad luck XD

zach2m1
02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Well if they give me good games to download onto the DSi I will defiantly get the DSi I still have the first gen DS with Mario Kart DS. The package that g=came out when the DS first came out. See I take care of my game systems sonic :lol:

bobo_dude16
02-02-2009, 10:56 PM
we need an estimated date soon! my ds is starting to mess up and my parents are saying i might be able to get one for my bday...

ps here is mah pimpin' ds:

http://www.postimage.org/aV13lS_A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV13lS_A)

kmmgreen5
02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
heres my time line

atari (gave away)
sega genesis (still have messed up controller so doesnt work really)
game boy color (got and still works)
game boy advanced (got still works)
game cube (got still works)
ds (orignal broke the screen on it replaced with ds light)
ds light (got and still works)
wii (got and works)

Sonic62
02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh you guys! Anyway, this topic is about DSi, not for time lines, that's more the point of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=370 (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=370)

bobo_dude16
02-04-2009, 02:48 PM
i heard that the first limited edition of the DSi is going to be w/ Kindom Hearts: 365/2 days.

i wonder what it will look like....

Richord
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I like the DS I have, the original. It's a DS that can take pictures. Woopdedoo >.>

the1stpkmnfan
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Since there wont be GBA slots to this verison, :(, I hope this'll be part of GS remakes. If not, then I know somebody who will start a riot...me.

02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I will riot with you pkmnfan if it doesn't happen but something I expect is downloadable Gamboy games

the1stpkmnfan
02-04-2009, 05:40 PM
And, just like Sonic62 said, maybe we can play them at GameBoy Tower in Pkmn Stadium 1+2 if they ever get released on the VC.

edit: Plus, the downloading channel will be like the sister channel to the Wii Shop Channel.

Mezix
02-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Nintendo DSi to Hit Shelves on April 5th (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693313/Nintendo-DSi-To-Hit-Shelves-On-April-5th.html)

One I'm getting:

DSi (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=020308)

02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
me and mezix are getting the same one :D *high fives*

the1stpkmnfan
02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Im gonna get a black DSi; they look awesome. Better get good grades and do chores.

ditto493
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I am also getting a black DSi once either I save up enough money, I persuade my mom to get me one, or for my Birthday/Christmas.

bobo_dude16
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
i want black but all i know of ae the white black and blue...

the1stpkmnfan
02-19-2009, 11:20 PM
I'd love to have a White one, but the scratches whould be visibly seen. I heard Blue is a favorite get at the Serebii forums.

Mezix
02-20-2009, 06:09 AM
If you watch the GameStop video in the link I posted, the Blue DSi's color isn't that bright.

Rust
02-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Australia get the DSi on April 2nd. Hah. But honestly, I think that if you already have a DS lite, its not worth getting another one for cameras (which everyone has in phones) and an MP3 player (everyone has an iPod...)

And if Nintendo pull some major bs like releasing new Pokemon/Zelda/Awesome games only for the DSi, ima be pissed.

02-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Australia get the DSi on April 2nd. Hah. But honestly, I think that if you already have a DS lite, its not worth getting another one for cameras (which everyone has in phones) and an MP3 player (everyone has an iPod...)

And if Nintendo pull some major bs like releasing new Pokemon/Zelda/Awesome games only for the DSi, ima be pissed.

HAH, then i have an excuse to get it.
I don't have a ds lite, or an mp3 player/ipod :P but i have a phone......

Kilgard
02-20-2009, 10:43 AM

I agree with you Rust, I'm in no hurry to get a DSi. Even if I do get one, I'll hold off till christmas at the very earliest.

Mezix
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I have the first, bulky, silver one. So yeah, I want to upgrade. :D

Kilgard
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I have the first, bulky, silver one. So yeah, I want to upgrade. :D

I have the bulky red one :P but I'm just not sold on a DS that takes pictures, it's like if my toaster was a fax machine... it's kind of cool but why does it need it :/

fettouhi
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
well its coming out on 3 April here and I'm gonna preorder it.

Mezix
02-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Australia get the DSi on April 2nd. Hah.
You guys still end up paying more. Cost AU$299.99 over where you live accoring to the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSKjZXWdMA

MSico
02-20-2009, 07:05 PM
I've got a launch day DS, and I'm keeping it :3

Diana3
02-20-2009, 07:06 PM
I broke my DS :( ... I'm buying a DSi :)

ditto493
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
My DS broke ina car accident, so I got a DS Lite. So I don't need a DSi, but it's soooo cooool. As I said earlier, I'll be getting one eventually.

Rust
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Australia get the DSi on April 2nd. Hah.
You guys still end up paying more. Cost AU$299.99 over where you live accoring to the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSKjZXWdMA

169.00 USD = 263.234 AUD
It's close...but only stores like EB Games will sell it at $300 on release. :evil:

the1stpkmnfan
02-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I've currently got a Colbalt Blue regular DS, and a Dialga and Palkia DS Lite. So I'd like to get the DSi so I can check out it's special features. Im up for checking out the Download channel for the DS. It's just like a mini Wii. :D

Sonic62
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Yay, there's a release date! Which color should I get? :|

bobo_dude16
02-23-2009, 10:18 PM
get black like me!

lol, i think white suits you

02-23-2009, 10:36 PM
get black like me!

lol, i think white suits you

No don't listen to him, Black=shadow, White=Silver, Blue=Sonic :D

the1stpkmnfan
02-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah, Sonic, you need to get Blue. It matches your perfectly.

Oh, and Phil, you MUST keep that kind of DS. That's very important.

SeriousKano
02-24-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm not sure if I should buy the DSi. I mean, I still use the good old DSFat and it's still in a good condition. No damage, no big scratches - plus the GBA slot lets me transfer Pokémon from GBA to DS.
I skipped the DSLite and I don't see a big reason why I should get the new one.

02-26-2009, 06:42 PM
i was checking something and i found out that their original plan was to have two slots for ds games but found it to be to thick.....
they will eventually find out they can make the two slots on the side instead of the top >.>

zach2m1
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I was thinking of asking for a DSi for my birthday but I think I would just buy it my self when the price drops a little bit though. I would prefer to get an I-Pod touch and I-pod doc much more than something I pretty much already have.

Kilgard
02-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I was going to tape my camera to my DS but then I realized I couldn't take a picture of it :(

Tanexion
03-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I wasn't planning to ever get the DSi...
but then this was brought to my attention
Awesomeness! (http://kotaku.com/5164706/a-dsi-fit-for-mickey-mouse-and-square-enix)
SOLD
As an extremely huge unnecessarily hardcore Kingdom Hearts fan, it would be illegal for me to not get this. And if it doesn't come to the US, I will import it and learn Japanese as needed.

killerwombat
03-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I have to get that! I too am a huge kingdom hearts fan. I would like to see a picture of sora and roxas with that as a background. As for importing to the US, I am already learning japanese as we speak for the worst case senerio: a dsi-less north america. :shock:

Mezix
03-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Awesomeness! (http://kotaku.com/5164706/a-dsi-fit-for-mickey-mouse-and-square-enix)
SOLD
As an extremely huge unnecessarily hardcore Kingdom Hearts fan, it would be illegal for me to not get this. And if it doesn't come to the US, I will import it and learn Japanese as needed.

That's mine. I'm waiting for that. No questions asked.

bobo_dude16
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
*waits for the world ens with you skin*

there is also this (http://gigazine.jp/img/2008/12/10/dragonquest/P1140016.JPG)

ditto493
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
It's cool how they put that guys eye where the lens goes.

the1stpkmnfan
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on it. It'll be awesome once I see that bigger DS screens, and take pictures and download music. Then my Traveling life will be complete! :D

bobo_dude16
03-07-2009, 11:06 AM
i can take pictures of chase and edit them so he has glasses on and then a mustache!

>:D

the1stpkmnfan
03-07-2009, 11:15 AM
I can put ALL of my Music on the DSi, and I dont have to use my Zune anymore! This is totally awesome! I cannot wait, so much.

But pictures, they are too awesome as well.

greendayrobert94
03-07-2009, 11:49 AM
yah but the thing i heard is the held it back in the u.s till like 3rd quarter of this year

03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
yah but the thing i heard is the held it back in the u.s till like 3rd quarter of this year
who told you this lie >:)

whitemage730
03-07-2009, 01:27 PM

It's coming out April 5th in America, this year.

SOLD

WORD!!!! I can't freakin wait. Playing 358/2 days in that is what I'll be dreaming about for the next moth or so.

the1stpkmnfan
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it's coming out April 5th for sure. Serebii stated so, for all I know, and that would be bad if they delayed it.

April 5th is a good date, and it's LESS than a month away.

therocketknight
03-07-2009, 06:54 PM
i'm gonna get a DSi just i need to find time to get one but truthfully i really think it looks cool *especially since it has stuff like a online browser for free and DSiware games and a music player* but yeah its gonna be really awesome to get one :P

Tachyon
03-16-2009, 08:08 AM
I`m getting a black one! I already have enough money...

Omega Speed
03-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I would have to find a huge SD card first before I even think about the DSi. I have about 36 hours of music on my computer.

TheUserless
03-16-2009, 09:08 PM
It sucks that its gonna be kinda hard to find one of these when they come out.

LiGH
03-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd like to get a DSi, simply because I'd like a handheld to replace my beaten up DS Lite.
And that would be due to the fact that my DS Lite's left speaker doesn't work anymore. Oh, and it's just dirty and old. x)
Of course I'd still use the Lite for transferring Pokemon, or for whatever other uses it happens to have.
But the DSi would become my main DS handheld.

the1stpkmnfan
03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Well, we are like 3 weeks away till the DSi comes out in the US! I can't believe the time is getting closer. :o

CodeZTM
03-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Ack... I'm having a hard time deciding on this one.

On one hand, I have a DS and a few games I could trade in and probably get it for "free" at gamestop. On the other, no GBA slot, although that's not such a big deal, because I still have my SP. But I already have an Ipod, and I already have my camera, so it's kind of like... "Why bother"..

But, having a Camera/MusicPlayer/Game Machine all in one could possibly save me space in my bag.. Plus, it's a really cool looking toy. >_<

I'll probably get it eventually, but perhaps not immediately at launch.

Plus, as a college student, I really don't have all that money to just throw away on a weekly basis.

Sky
03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
I'll be getting one for my birthday in May. I've been wanting one for a while xD I was gonna import but eh.

windfish4
03-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Can anyone tell me which mentionable DSi Ware titles are there yet? Still don't see the reason in DSi Ware. Are there any notable games the world ought not miss?

the1stpkmnfan
03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
The reason there is one is that we can play games from the Gameboy - GBA games on our DSi. And no, I dont know which games are coming out yet.

windfish4
03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Provable knowledge about a Virutal console for DSi including the Game Boy series or sarcastic The-DSi-hasn't-got-a-GBA-slot-joke? _objection_ :mrgreen:

windows98
03-17-2009, 03:18 PM
as far as i know nothing like a gameboy virtual console has been announced.

the1stpkmnfan
03-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Well something like that is said to be confirmed in the DSi. And if anyone who has a DSi in Japan has the answer.

I dont think the DSi will be bad, it's just going to be something new to the DS family that's going to probably sell like hotcakes.

It's like trying something new, and never made before, and would make gaming experience increase as such.

MirageGale
03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Nintendo seems to be trying to put too much into just one product to compete with other companies, which I feel is unnecessary. DSi is fine I guess, but I'd only get it if my DS Lite's bottom screen gets much worse; the actual image that comes up is a bit fuzzy.

the1stpkmnfan
03-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Im only worried about what they are going to release next in the future, once the DSi settles in. Something very unique is my postive answer, since there would be more technology created.

Mega_Mario
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I think I might get one... It would be cheaper than buying a new iPod nano (mine has the white screen of death...) If they did release a GB addition to the DS shop wouldn't it logically be called "Virtual Handheld" or "Virtual Portable"?

Cel
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I will preorder one ... I am really looking forward to the 3rd of April! I will get a black one ... :)

fettouhi
03-19-2009, 10:39 AM
I will preorder one ... I am really looking forward to the 3rd of April! I will get a black one ... :)

same here.

supaspenc
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm with pre-ordering one Viva la DSi _triforce_

someone70
03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
It's kinda hard for me to say whether or not I'm going to get one. The most interesting feature is the built-in camera on the DSi. The most disappointing feature is the lack of a GBA slot. So I'm kinda at a stalemate.
Also, has it been mentioned that you can download new games off the web, like the app store? :shock: That may be another reason why I'll buy one.

YalWerdna
03-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I would get one, but I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment. :(

Sonic62
03-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Not too much longer now. C'mon April 5th, come quickly!

jolt1030
03-20-2009, 01:16 AM
ill probably get one i was going to get the ds lite but i saw how he gba game sticked out of the ds, i was like no thanks..but yeah i need to update my ds to dsi:D ill just use my original ds to play gba's!

the1stpkmnfan
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Man, once I get my Nintendo DSi, Im going to take it out of the box asap once me and my mom get back in the car. I just couldn't wait to get back at the house; it's right in front of me so why wait?

03-20-2009, 08:36 AM
I want a Ustream compatible app for the DSi _awesome_

CaptainKeeeta
03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm going to buy it. Why? Because I can. I don't have an MP3 player, and I need the Virtual console. You all know what it has, and what it doesn't have. I want it, you might not.

Crashbroke23
03-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm getting it for my Birthday on April 19th, with Pokemon Platinum. I'm getting it because I don't have a Ipod/Mp3 Player, and it would be nice to have one. I also have an easy way to make AAC Audio Files for the Music Channel thing. Oh yea, I need a SD card.

CodeZTM
03-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh blah. I caved and reserved it. >_<

It's just too cool not to get. Plus, now I can have everything all at once.

ChickenLeg
03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm surprised no one linked to this yet. (http://starmen.net/vote/vote.php?id=22901)

Sonic62
03-22-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm surprised no one linked to this yet. (http://starmen.net/vote/vote.php?id=22901)
:lol: That one is pretty violent.

the1stpkmnfan
03-22-2009, 12:23 AM
And I honestly never seen that kind of site or article ever until now. *shivers for some reason*

Blaumagier
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
That comic was just too LOL :lol:

I think I'm with Phil about the DSi. I have a Phat DS and I'm keeping it. The only reason I ended up getting a DS Lite is cause my mom was wanting to play my DS games and I wanted to play some too so I said screw it and bought one (and I like the brighter screen with more vivid colors). I'm keeping that too.

DSi, to me, is just a DS with a camera and no GBA slot. I've got an iPod which can hold way more music and videos than any SD card and I've got a digital camera which can take pictures infinitely better than a DS could hope to. Unless they come out with a MUST HAVE title for the DSi Ware that is only available to DSi, then I probably won't get one.

Stalfos
03-22-2009, 03:59 PM
To be honest I wasn't too impressed with the DSi when it was first announced and I had little intention of buying one (at least not straight away). However, my beloved DS Lite needs replacing. You see, my DS Lite's top screen is faulty, it still works(ish) but it keeps flashing on and off which despite not making me unable to participate, severly hinders my performance at the weekly Mario Kart DS tournaments. After much debate in my forum of thoughts I came to the conclusion that the only way to combat the problem of a faulty DS Lite in which I am inflicted with, is to replace it. "But what with?" I enquired to myself. My initial thoughts was to replace my faulty DS Lite with not an orange or an bannana, but with, yes, another DS Lite (perhaps even a black one). But then I suddenly had a thought! I remembered that Nintendo were soon to release the DSi! After a minor exhibition of my mathematic abilities I discovered that the DSi is only fifty measures of my nation's currency more expensive than the DS Lite. Thousands of thoughts came to me at once, however, one stood out above the rest "since the DSi is a mere fifty pounds more expensive than the DS Lite I may as well by the DSi...". Ingenius I exclaimed to myself. "Why did one not think of this sooner?! I may as well by the DSi due to it being an upgraded version of the DS Lite yet not that much more expensive.". I decided to convert these thoughts into action. I logged onto a video game retail website and pre-ordered a black DSi! I can't wait to play it! I loved my DS Lite but unfortunatly it needed replacing, and the DSi fulfils that role perfectly.

Concerning the DSi's lack of GBA slot, this gives me little concern. My DS Lite's bottom screen still works fine so I can play my GBA games on that. Also despite not being that impressed by the Lite's new features such as the camera, the DS Lite shop excites me due to the potential of being able to download some excellent games and software. Also the enlarged screens are cool too 8-) .

Slowflake
03-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I personally don't feel like I need one. My DS Lite is almost like new (to the exception of really minor scratches on the touch screen that aren't visible unless you point it in the direction of a light bulb or another source of light), I don't have any use for any of the added stuff on the DSi (I'm the kind of guy who only ever uses his cell phone for, you know, USING IT AS A PHONE), and so on.

So what if I didn't have a DS Lite and had to choose between that and the DSi? I'd go with the former and save money by passing up on stuff I don't need.

Blaumagier
03-22-2009, 07:12 PM
The thing about the DSi's lack of a GBA slot, for me at least, is the sheer amount of games I have that use it. I'm not talking about GBA games either (which I happen to have around 40 of and enjoy playing on a brighter, bigger screen with more vivid colors). I have several DS games that use the GBA slot:

Mega Man Star Force Dragon
Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker X Ninja
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Fox Command
Lunar Knights
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Guitar Hero On Tour (not even playable without a GBA slot)
Guitar Hero On Tour Decades (same as above)
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Double Team DS (uses it extensively)
Pokemon Pearl
and now Pokemon Platinum

That's nearly a quarter of my DS library that uses the GBA slot for something. That and the campaign places like GameStop are pushing to trade in your old DS's and GBA-SP's for a DSi just don't work for me. I suppose it will end up like my old GBC and GBA-SP did and I will keep my old DS's for some reason of functionality. Kept my old GBC for the infrared thing since I have a few games that use it and kept my old GBA's to play GBC games and use as controllers for FSA and FFCC - and PacMan VS if I can ever get my hands on it.

Cel
03-23-2009, 03:33 AM
Well, I've read that Activision works on a Guitar Grip that fits into the DSi ... Someone of the guys there told that they were excited about the new possibilities of a DSi, whatever that means ...

Blaumagier
03-23-2009, 05:37 AM
More than likely, this grip made for DSi, if it actually gets made, would be something I would have to purchase extra, and that's pretty stupid that I would have to purchase something extra on top of a new DS just to play a game my old DS had no problem playing on the new one. Now if they had a system where you could trade in your old grip or something and get a grip compatible with DSi for free, that would be a different story. But given that it's Activision we're talking about, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cel
03-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Well, I'm pretty excited about DSiWare ... Wario Ware looks great. And I still hope that a Virtual Handheld will be announced, probably on Wednesday at GDC? Who knows?

whitemage730
03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
I just pre-ordered the DSi!
I'm keeping my DS though, for the GBA slot. I'm so excited :D

Shiron
03-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Eh, as of now, I'm not really that interested in the DSi. My DS Lite (and my bulky DS as well) both still work. I also have a working digital camera and MP3 player, so the new features don't really interest me that much. If for some reason my DSes do suddenly stop working or something though, then I'll probably get one, as it is an improvement nonetheless and the lack of a GBA slot doesn't bother me that much.

LegendOfCookies
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Lucky Lucky People but i dont have the money to buy it so ima save my money for when nintendo either A) Drastically lowers the price of dsi B) Make a new Console

TheUserless
03-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I just pre ordered a DSi the main reason im getting it is cause I lost my last DS and I figured I would just get a DSi.

whitemage730
03-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Well thats a good reason to get one :lol: I couldn't go a week with out my DS...
I ordered mine mostly thinking about DSiWare. That will be interesting _awesome_

LegendOfCookies
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Aughhhh meh R brokees!

Kilgard
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Aughhhh meh R brokees!

So is your keyboard :(

CodeZTM
03-25-2009, 05:17 PM
How convenient. >_>

My DS Lite's fell two stories this morning when it fell out of my bag, breaking it into two pieces. I'm having to borrow my sister's at the moment, so I'm definitely glad the DSi is coming out quickly. :D

fettouhi
04-03-2009, 09:39 AM
well its finally out and I got one I'm atm editing my unboxing video witch will be up in a couple of hours

Tanexion
04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I look forward to seeing it Fettouhi :D

fettouhi
04-03-2009, 10:12 AM
it should have been up now but some moron walked in while I was recording so I have to edit it witch I normally don't do with these videos

killerwombat
04-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I have just learned that the music player on the dsi only plays AAC files. Why not MP3? I am going to have to convert all my music.

fettouhi
04-03-2009, 01:24 PM
say hello to apple

the1stpkmnfan
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I cant wait to check it out. :D I cant wait till I get mine.

jolt1030
04-03-2009, 09:15 PM
well its finally out and I got one I'm atm editing my unboxing video witch will be up in a couple of hours
your lucky you already have it.. :o ....I cant wait till get it this sunday ill be like this _triforce_ ..lol...oh nice unboxing with the Resident Evil 5 game it was awesome!

CodeZTM
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I am officially posting this on my dsi`s sexy web browser. Yay!!! :D

the1stpkmnfan
04-04-2009, 11:41 PM
wow, that's amazing! :o I cannot wait any longer. It comes out today, and I just got to check out all the stuff thats is gonna be on there. :D

TwilightWarrior
04-05-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm not gonna get mine until Saturday, since that's when my party is, so I'm gonna be a little late for all the awesomeness, unfortunately.

capcommaster1881
04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
i got mine and im amazed by how much like the wii it is which is not a bad thing. I like the new format and the ds store. Definetely cant wait to get some awesome classic games on the ds

SteveThePirate
04-05-2009, 03:12 AM
I got mine yesterday and it's alright. Here's my first impressions. The matte finish makes it feel like really fine sandpaper, but it grips well in your hands because of it. The larger screen is pretty awesome, makes chaining the pokemans a lot easier. My internet is capped at the moment so I can't really comment on the web browser much, but it did seem slow, even for the 64Kbit line I was restricted to. Having to perform an update just to use the store was a major slap in the face, particularly at capped speed. It dropped three times before I could successfully update. If you fully open it until it "clicks" the shoulder buttons become slightly more difficult to use. Also the first time you use it it constantly nags you to take photos, which is a pain in the ass.

Furthermore why oh why do the shoulder buttons BOTH need camera icons. It's just beyond me. Also the cameras are bad even for VGA resolution. Overall I'm still pleased with it, but no updates within the first week of shipping and 100% less nagging for use of the camera. I downloaded Art Style: Aquite. Not bad, but I feel that it would have been better at the 200 point mark, as 500 just seems a tad too much. It seems logical to me to use 200, 400, 800 rather then 200, 500, 800 for the cost of titles.. So perhaps that would have been a better solution.

jolt1030
04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Finally got my DSi and its awesome they said it would not work wireless with Wep settings but mines did unless i got it wrong anywho I finally got my music to play and it rocks=D!

fettouhi
04-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Finally got my DSi and its awesome they said it would not work wireless with Wep settings but mines did unless i got it wrong anywho I finally got my music to play and it rocks=D!

the person that said that does not no anything about wifi anyways. one problem is that even if it has WPA function its the games that set what you can use. so if you have a old game it will only let you use WEP settings. I hope nintendo will fix this because its probably the lamest thing about the new wifi on the DSI

RobZombie
04-06-2009, 01:23 AM
I want one :D but im gona wait :(

bobo_dude16
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
I got a DSi today! It is black!

jolt1030
04-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Awesome bobo_dude...dont forget to go online and pick up your free 1000 nintendo point!!!and i think the majority of the people are getting the black one..I did too!!=D

bobo_dude16
04-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I am having trouble finding ACC files...

Anyone have a good site to download ACC music files?

jolt1030
04-12-2009, 05:15 PM

you know if you got itunes...which i think everyone has. right click on a music you like and it should have an option that says make ACC copy! hope this helps! :mrgreen:[spoiler:33emndkv]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/jolted1030/itunes.jpg[/spoiler:33emndkv]

Kylethedarkn
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM

you can use itunes to convert mp3 to aac.

http://www.creationrobot.com/2005/04/co ... ac-easily/ (http://www.creationrobot.com/2005/04/convert-mp3-to-aac-easily/)

Rust
04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
This is pretty cool if you haven't seen it already: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/04/play_the_piano_with_your_dsi-2.html

SuperPaperNess
04-13-2009, 01:56 AM
This is pretty cool if you haven't seen it already: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/04/play_the_piano_with_your_dsi-2.html
Wow, that's really neat. I should try that if IF I get a DSi.

bobo_dude16
04-13-2009, 09:25 AM

http://www.creationrobot.com/2005/04/co ... ac-easily/ (http://www.creationrobot.com/2005/04/convert-mp3-to-aac-easily/)
I did hat, nothing converted...

localretard
04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Well if nothing converted something is up, even if you try to convert an mp3 into an mp3 in itunes it'll do it.

Are you sure it's not a user error? :lol:

bobo_dude16
04-13-2009, 10:38 AM
It did say *insert song here* cannot be converted because it is protected...

It only said it for one song, though...

Kylethedarkn
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
It did say *insert song here* cannot be converted because it is protected...

It only said it for one song, though...
Just select all but that one.

jolt1030
04-13-2009, 11:56 PM
[quote="bobo_dude16":160cvwp7]I am having trouble finding ACC files...

I did hat, nothing converted...[/quote:160cvwp7]
did you try my method..rather than converting the entire playlist why not convert the ones you really want!!unless you want the whole list to be ACC!!anywho good luck :P

Kylethedarkn
04-14-2009, 05:17 AM
You could try zamar.com

It would just take forever.

bobo_dude16
04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Is there a way to copy album pictures to the SD card?

LimeCatMaster
04-15-2009, 06:34 PM
I love mine.