PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... Should I Bother?

akatsukigirl03
06-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, I would absolutely LOVE to do a Let's Play... I would do some retro games (Kirby 64, Mischief Makers, Zelda, etc.), some RPG's like .hack//GU, and even some unreleased games straight from Japan. But I have one question: Do you think there are too many LP-ers doing too many of the same games? I'm not gonna bother if people flame me for doing a Let's Play someone else might have already done :(

Anyway, nothing is written in stone (especially with my first year of university coming up), but let me know what you think! Should I try? \(^____^)/

~aka :3

Farplane
06-09-2010, 10:19 PM
If those games are what you want to do, and you really want to do an LP, by all means do it.

Sure, it's good to do games that few other people have done, but it's more important that you personally enjoy the game that you are playing. If you enjoy play and commentating Ocarina of Time, do it. If you can manage to do a unique game that you enjoy at the same time, even better.

Dementrious
06-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Aside from maybe Zelda I've not seen any of those LPed, but that shouldn't worry you. Honestly it shouldn't matter who did what when. If you want to do an LP go for it. When I decided to LP Golden Sun I say that there were others doing it as well, but I knew that I could bring something to my LP that they couldn't. Me. LP's are just as much about the game as they are the commentary that goes with it. So if you feel that urge just go for it, I say. You have my full support, Aka. Do it and have a blast.

someone70
06-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Even though there are many LPs of the same game out there, each LPer has their own take and commentary (and even fails) on the game. They're all unique, which is why LPs have appealed so well. Do whatever game you want, and just run with it.

Although, if it's your first LP, I would try looking for a game where there are not a lot of LPs.

D3adlyNinja
06-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Although, if it's your first LP, I would try looking for a game where there are not a lot of LPs.
well i would like to add that you might want to do one that has be LPed 3-10 times or so, if you choose a game that many do not LP then you risk no one seeing it due to the possibility that possibly nobody might know about, on the other hand if you do one that has been done a ton then chances are that unless you become popular, your videos will be flooded by other LPers' videos when people search for it. so if you do one that has been done 3-10 times then you stand a better chance of standing out, at least IMO

90HeroMAXD
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
well i would like to add that you might want to do one that has be LPed 3-10 times or so, if you choose a game that many do not LP then you risk no one seeing it due to the possibility that possibly nobody might know about, on the other hand if you do one that has been done a ton then chances are that unless you become popular, your videos will be flooded by other LPers' videos when people search for it. so if you do one that has been done 3-10 times then you stand a better chance of standing out, at least IMO
This, follow this.

It is better to do something that has been LP'd numerous times so that way if you choke or screw up numerous times it won't be as big of a deal if you do a rare game.

akatsukigirl03
06-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Alright. Thanks for the feedback ^___^

Anyone have any good game suggestions? :3

kevinj2010
06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
You know, it doesn't really matter, i suggest you start with something that has a lot of potential for funny moments (since comedy is the only real way of making LP's)

Platformers like super mario 64, sunshine or galaxy are good since the failing often can be pretty funny, but just be a good sport about it.

RPG's are good for the stupid moments such as critical hits, misses, etc. Pokemon, FF, tales series, there's a bunch.

Any action adventure is good too, i personally prefer LP's of games with depth, or at least length, you could do an LP of a short game but i personally don't find them as fun to watch.

The most important things as stated, is that you like the game, if you don't enjoy it... you'll never have fun LP'ing. Trust me, when you get more comfortable you start to have fun LP'ing, since it's like playing with friends, and your friends are the internet community.

Picking a good game that you like and know a lot about really makes you comfortable playing.

D3adlyNinja
06-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Anyone have any good game suggestions? :3
you could try mario hacks like i do, people usually search them up and most of the time the hacks are what people have never seen before and you also got the platforming and failing concepts. so thats something you may want to consider

akatsukigirl03
06-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I LOVE video game glitches... maybe I could do an LP on a game with lots of them! :D That would be AWESOME!! ><

D3adlyNinja
06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I LOVE video game glitches... maybe I could do an LP on a game with lots of them! :D That would be AWESOME!! ><
if you want glitches do halo 2 or 3 -_-

someone70
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Mario hacks are always fun to LP also. Just make sure you practice them a lot ;).

2fast4you
06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
LP's are always done over and over, I know that Zelda games(Especially OoT) are extremely overdone. Unless you can make your Zelda (OoT) LP different from the rest, don't bother with Zelda. Kirby 64 i've only seen two lp's (Literally) for. and this Mischief Makers I have never heard of in my life.

akatsukigirl03
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
LP's are always done over and over, I know that Zelda games(Especially OoT) are extremely overdone. Unless you can make your Zelda (OoT) LP different from the rest, don't bother with Zelda. Kirby 64 i've only seen two lp's (Literally) for. and this Mischief Makers I have never heard of in my life.

Hahahaha yeah, most people have no idea what the Mischief Makers is :lol: It's an old N64 game that never really caught on... but I kinda like it :)

And, yes, I know Zelda is REALLY overdone... maybe I'll avoid that all together, or at least for a while. I'm super excited to do a .hack// LP though! :D

D3adlyNinja
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM

Hahahaha yeah, most people have no idea what the Mischief Makers is :lol: It's an old N64 game that never really caught on... but I kinda like it :)

And, yes, I know Zelda is REALLY overdone... maybe I'll avoid that all together, or at least for a while. I'm super excited to do a .hack// LP though! :D
.hack// might be a good choice for an LP cause i've never seen anyone do it and its a fairly popular manga (even tho the anime sucked) but im assuming you will end up doing all the games in order?

akatsukigirl03
06-10-2010, 10:29 PM

.hack// might be a good choice for an LP cause i've never seen anyone do it and its a fairly popular manga (even tho the anime sucked) but im assuming you will end up doing all the games in order?

Hmm, well I don't know for sure, but it would make sense for me to start with the original .hack// games (even though //GU is my favourite!)... Mhm. Yes, I think I will do this! I will start right from the beginning! :D Thanks, guys!

D3adlyNinja
06-10-2010, 10:45 PM
no problem, glad we could help

markus
06-10-2010, 11:34 PM
it is alwasy up to you know one else to decide, the final outcome you chose.