PDA

View Full Version : Why do we love LP'ing?

kevinj2010
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought this would be an interesting topic...

So why do we?

I think it's because we feel like we're playing with friends and just having a good time playing a game we like. I also like it because it doesn't just feel like your playing a game just to beat, your informing people on how to play and thats what i really like. gaming with purpose sorta...

So why do the rest of you like it?
And if your new to LP'ing, Why did you start?

NanoGamer
06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I like LP'ing because it's a good outlet for creative energy, which I have (though it may not seem it) a lot of. It's always fun coming up with new and creative ways to beat a level, then show everyone how to do it. Then the failing, when it's easy to make those funny comments that you could never use otherwise. And there's always the entertainment value, for both the LPer and the people watching it, and I'm one of those people that enjoy entertaining people.

nickyv917
06-10-2010, 06:13 PM
i enjoy it because it gives me the opportunity to show other people how much fun gaming is to me.

Dementrious
06-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I LP because I like to game, and I might as well create something while I do it. Seriously though I do it for my own enjoyment. Sounds weird, I know. But I really do LP for me.

wee187
06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
I LP for me. I tried to stay on a regular schedule but not enough people watch it so it didn't work out, so now I LP for myself. It's fun that way. Great way to play a game and be creative. Finding time to do it with a large family, though... ugh.

D3adlyNinja
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
if anyone has ever watched my videos you will know that i seem like i hate playing mario hacks but i really enjoy LPing them mostly cause they let me challenge myself harder at the game i really enjoyed as a kid

quakmastr
06-10-2010, 08:17 PM
When I was young watching Mystery Science Theater 3000, I really loved making jokes over most movies and tv. I also liked playing video games. Let's Play is a happy combination of video games and riffing and I like it.

That being said, there are lots of games I would rather watch and make fun of than play.

markus
06-11-2010, 03:18 PM
how our knowledge to the game and fail with pride ;)

Zeta Dimentio
06-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Why do I like LPing? I have completed an LP, and am working on another one currently, because I like to play the games, and I might as well comment on it while playing it. It is fun to do an LP, really, that's why I do it. It's unfortunate I can't play ahead, since I do mostly blind LPs, but oh well, it's still fun.

If I had LPed for popularity, I wouldn't be doing it currently, as I am unpopular.