PDA

View Full Version : The Virtual Console and Wii Ware Topic

Sonic62
08-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Figured I'd start this over and combine it with Wii Ware.

This week, there's downloadable fun for everyone... except those waiting on new VC games!

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=24791

BroBuzz
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Why won't Nintendo get it through their heads... We want games on the Virtual Console! Not crappy games on WiiWare that aren't fun!

Brineboy
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
some wiiware games are pretty fun though
I would probably get more if I had a good amount of points

I am just waiting on a new rpg to get put out there that I can play (preferably Lufia or Breath of Fire)

BroBuzz
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM

I am just waiting on a new rpg to get put out there that I can play (preferably Lufia or Breath of Fire)
Yeah, but it seams like 1 out of every 10 WiiWare games are good.

Brineboy
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM

Yeah, but it seams like 1 out of every 10 WiiWare games are good.
when 4 are released every week thats quite a bit of good games though XD

localretard
08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
None of the games this week interest me at all.

Lindbum
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Eh, un-interested in those games.

GrimsChild
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I highly doubt they'd Bring Lufia since it's beign remade for the DS (Then again, Super Star Ultra...)

Brineboy
08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I highly doubt they'd Bring Lufia since it's beign remade for the DS (Then again, Super Star Ultra...)
Not the first one though and also the one for the DS looks almost so different it would feel like a different game (with a very similar story right down to the names :lol: )

FlibberMagee
08-02-2010, 06:38 PM
LOL. I'm reading the latest issue of Nintendo Power and they interviewed Cammie Dunaway. They ask why Wiiware and the VC wasn't a big part of their E3 conference. And then she says that there are always great games coming to WiiWare and VC. Sure Cammie. I'm really enjoying the VC games coming out lately. Oh, wait, THERE AREN'T ANY. XD
Anyways, one WiiWare title that is coming/came recently that has piqued my interest is Puzzle Agent. I plan on getting it soon. What does everyone else think?

Remino52
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
What game is it?

Phantom~Vixen
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
If they only put in things like the Dreamcast ( Well they DID but in Sega Genesis, so why not?) and the GBA (Original and Color I guess) maybe they would have more variety.Or get Earthbound back since it was already out in America.
And don't have to get Mother 3 and Earthbound Zero since they never came out anywhere else and I never did play any of the series...

Phantom~Vixen
08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
If they only put in things like the Dreamcast ( Well they DID but in Sega Genesis, so why not?) and the GBA (Original and Color I guess) maybe they would have more variety.Or get Earthbound back since it was already out in America.
And don't have to get Mother 3 and Earthbound Zero since they never came out anywhere else and I never did play any of the series...

EDIT: I hate accidently double posting the SAME THING!

Oculin
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
If you mean games from the Dreamcast on the service, that would be hard due to the size of the game.

I till wonder how they get TG16 Disc releases onto the service. I really need to buy more off VC.

GrimsChild
08-04-2010, 01:22 AM
I wish they could release all the really old school PC98 games on VC (Rusty Anyone?)

Sonic62
08-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Agreed, same here!

On the subject of Wii Ware, I only have My Pokémon Ranch and the Pokémon Rumble Demo.

Luigi110
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
NOTHING, has interested me in a while.

Come on Nintendo.

How about some SNES Star Fox-y action or some N64 Mario Party?

Oculin
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Agreed, same here!

On the subject of Wii Ware, I only have My Pokémon Ranch and the Pokémon Rumble Demo.
Lost Winds and Mega Man 9 here. Plus all the demos that came out.

I kind of want FFIV After, but haven't beaten FFIV yet so lol.

Luigi110
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Cool people have Grill-Off with Ultra Hand

Oculin
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Cool people have Grill-Off with Ultra Hand
Oh, I have that too! I actually reviewed it on the site lol. Cool game is cool.

diddyknux
08-06-2010, 11:18 PM
I saw Mario Tennis on... somebody's stream a week or two ago. I might be interested in that, and still in Kirby Super Star, but that's about it right now. Really, I hadn't planned on any more WiiWare or Virtual Console games until Sonic 4 comes out. Silly, I know, but meh... I'm a rather silly guy.

Remino52
08-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm trying to get Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations, and the F-Zero games available. I'm not sure what I want after that. :?

KEM64
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
No VC Games today. Apparentally, Nintendo thinks an aquarium and a massage game for WiiWare is more exciting than a VC game (facepalm).

Oculin
08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
HOLY CRAP, I'M MASSAGING THESE BACKS LIKE THE FREAKING FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.

Spoiler-ed for slightly mature and slightly censored exploding body content.
[spoiler:2xlyivuo][youtube:2xlyivuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2bIueessx8[/youtube:2xlyivuo][/spoiler:2xlyivuo]

SO MUCH MASSAGE, SO LITTLE TIME.

and yeah, no VC :<

Sonic62
08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Aww man, another one of those Mondays...

GrimsChild
08-09-2010, 03:13 PM
HOLY CRAP, I'M MASSAGING THESE BACKS LIKE THE FREAKING FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.

Spoiler-ed for slightly mature and slightly censored exploding body content.
[spoiler:29lhme5u][youtube:29lhme5u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2bIueessx8[/youtube:29lhme5u][/spoiler:29lhme5u]

SO MUCH MASSAGE, SO LITTLE TIME.

and yeah, no VC :<

Just get the PS2 HnK game already Oculin (Heard the DS one was pretty nifty as well).

08-10-2010, 08:32 AM
No VC Games today. Apparentally, Nintendo thinks an aquarium and a massage game for WiiWare is more exciting than a VC game (facepalm).

That was pretty much my thought when I read the press release. The first aquarium game is ok but it got old quick despite the very relaxing music. (I don't know if you'd call it a game but whatever.) They're better make it up to us at Christmas time assuming this is going to continue for the rest of the year.

BroBuzz
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM

That was pretty much my thought when I read the press release. The first aquarium game is ok but it got old quick despite the very relaxing music. (I don't know if you'd call it a game but whatever.) They're better make it up to us at Christmas time assuming this is going to continue for the rest of the year.

X-mas 2010: No VC games added this week, but "Open x-mas presents!" and "Snow ball fight!' added to Wiiware!

KEM64
08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1110602p1.html

It seems the lack of VC games lately hasn't gone unnoticed by IGN.

sagema
08-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I predicted Nintendo to cut VC in the near future. March 2012? If anyone has played Castlevania HD, Fat Princess, Cave Story. Then you know what Wiiware should be! No reason at all why the Wii can't run Castlevania, and Fat Princess. The fact remains Nintendo has deep void of good 3rd party support. China must be the #1 contributor to Wiiware by this point. Don't believe me? Go ahead look them up. E3 was really good for Nintendo. But that was mostly first party support making the crowd drool.

There remain only two possible VC outcomes. They are holding off on VC to revive it during slumping sales, or they plan on eventually cutting it; citing too much legal blah blah work. If Nintendo does give up on VC it will permanently destroy any new revenue for games like Chrono Trigger.

DrewStern
08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I just checked, I have:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Zelda
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Dr. Mario RX
Grill Off
Wii Fit
Wii Vote
Mii Customizer Thingy
and the Internet Channel

pikminsquad2148
08-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I wish they could release all the really old school PC98 games on VC (Rusty Anyone?)
Yah, then I wouldn't have to emulate Touhou. :O

GrimsChild
08-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Yah, then I wouldn't have to emulate Touhou. :O

Good point. I can't get the PC98 games to emulate properly for some reason.

Yuso
08-15-2010, 07:01 PM
I would like to see them continue on NeoGeo releases! >:|

Some of my favorite fighters are on there but I fear they'd never make it. (my top favorite being Waku Waku 7)

GrimsChild
08-16-2010, 01:41 AM
I would like to see them continue on NeoGeo releases! >:|

Some of my favorite fighters are on there but I fear they'd never make it. (my top favorite being Waku Waku 7)

Waku Waku 7 would be awesome sauce (along with Astra Superstars which is part of the same canon I believe) Along with Last Blade

Wiiware could still use more Mark of the Wolves though.

jdtwins2009
08-16-2010, 07:46 AM
No VC once again this week.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/08/nintendo_download_16th_august_2010_north_america

pikminsquad2148
08-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Seriously, whats with the lack of VC games? <_<; NoA must be up to something.

Yuso
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Or they are just spending too much time on working with developers for WiiWare games... most of them not really worth buying >_>

BroBuzz
08-16-2010, 12:17 PM
I've been waiting on MyNotebook: Carbon, to come out! I can never have enough notes in my life!!! _awesome_

Blaumagier
08-17-2010, 07:36 AM
I have a ton of WiiWare games that are great and some that aren't so much... Blaster Master Overdrive, Bomberman Blast, Bubble Bobble Plus, Cave Story, Crystal Defenders R1, Dr. Mario Online RX, Final Fantasy IV The After Years, Grill-Off With Ultra Hand!, My Life as a Darklord, My Life as a King, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, My Pokemon Ranch, NyxQuest, Space Invaders Get Even, Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People (1-5), Tales of Bearsworth Manor Chaotic Conflicts, Tetris Party, and WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase. I bolded the ones I'd recommend. So far, none of them are what I'd call bad, but several fell short of what I expected (for example, there's really nothing I would call "plus" about Bubble Bobble Plus... seems like Bubble Bobble with updated graphics and nothing more - the PSP version was far superior.) So far, the best ones are definitely DEFINITELY FF4TAY, and MM9 & 10.

Oculin
08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Tales of Monkey Island is a bad port of a good game.

DEFINITELY FF4TAY
I need to beat FFIV so I can look at that game and say how much I want it then not buy it.

KEM64
08-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Another Monday, and we actually get a VC game this week for once. Sunsoft's "Ufouria" for the NES came out today.

Panda
08-23-2010, 12:41 PM
A VC game? For real? Cool beans.

Yuso
08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
That is good progress.. now only if they released well known titles, that would be BETTER. :lol:

Brineboy
08-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Ufouria actually looks pretty cool
I watched about half of a speedrun of it today and it kind of reminds me of Super Mario Bros. 2 a bit but not so much that its a clone
It also has some pretty good music and it seems like it could be a pretty long game (since the speedrun was around 40 minutes long) so expect that it should last you awhile

Im still waiting on a new rpg to get released though :\

Blackmamba85
08-24-2010, 01:53 AM
I haven't bought much last time I checked I had Ocarina of time and majoras mask.
They should bring out the original goldeneye for it and not this new game.

Oculin
08-24-2010, 05:16 PM
See u guiz talkin bout it so hur some footage
[youtube:1fe8tjpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6b5hs2NXSU[/youtube:1fe8tjpg]

Apparently the release has some sound issues though :<

Also on DSiWare, G.G. Series Ninja Karakuri Den looks really cool.
[youtube:1fe8tjpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG7QlF21nR4[/youtube:1fe8tjpg]
Simple, but what do you expect for a $2 game.

BigNige
08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I haven't bought much last time I checked I had Ocarina of time and majoras mask.

Am I right in thinking that Nintendo can't release the original Goldeneye on the Virtual Console because Rare own the rights to it. Since Rare is now 'owned' by Microsoft it would be very difficult for Nintendo to acquire rights to the game.

ren28
08-26-2010, 07:31 PM

Am I right in thinking that Nintendo can't release the original Goldeneye on the Virtual Console because Rare own the rights to it. Since Rare is now 'owned' by Microsoft it would be very difficult for Nintendo to acquire rights to the game.

Thank god they're remaking goldeneye for wii, which looks completly awesome.

KEM64
08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Surprise, Surprise. No VC today. I can't remember the last time we got a VC game 2 weeks in a row (It had to be at the beginning of the year, probably March or April at the latest).

dragonair314
08-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Is MaBoShi's Arcade worth the purchase? I've been thinking of buying it but am not sure if I should get it.

Lindbum
08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
What N64 game should I get from there?

BroBuzz
08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
What N64 game should I get from there?
Mario Tennis! Very good game for the N64 and actually makes tennis exciting!

GrimsChild
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Is MaBoShi's Arcade worth the purchase? I've been thinking of buying it but am not sure if I should get it.

Get it, It's one of best Wiiware games avaliable with three fun and unique games with quirky music and an interesting point system that is probably the best three player game ever made.

KEM64
09-06-2010, 10:37 AM
This Labor Day, we actually get a VC Game. The NeoGeo game Samurai Shodown III.

GrimsChild
09-06-2010, 11:06 AM

It's generally considered that II is better than practically any game in the series anyway so that's kinda worthless.

ThePwningPotato
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM

It's generally considered that II is better than practically any game in the series anyway so that's kinda worthless.
II is a hell of allot better.

sabombardonist
09-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm surprised nobody's talking about the upcoming La-Mulana WiiWare release. Much better than the Cave Story translation from PC to Wii, I'll tell you that much.

sagema
09-18-2010, 01:12 AM
La-Mulana is very hard to say and write! There's a speed run of the game on speeddemosarchive. I may skip buying it. This game is crazy long!

GrimsChild
09-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Have they even confirmed when La Mulana is coming out?

And yeah, still no UK Cave Story.

Shad
09-18-2010, 05:23 AM
I prefer the original Cave story to the original la mulana so meh.

Also they updated the graphics, which kinda misses the whole point.

GrimsChild
09-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Also, didn't they say that Shantae would be coming out on DSIWare? Because that'd be cool. I thnk hat's the only GBC game that sells in the triple figure.

Oculin
09-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Also, didn't they say that Shantae would be coming out on DSIWare? Because that'd be cool. I thnk hat's the only GBC game that sells in the triple figure.
Yeah the new one is coming to DSiWare, but it was originally supposed ot be out like Q4 2009. Hopefully Q3 will be when it comes out D:

KEM64
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Today we actually got another VC game. Today's VC game is Aero the Acrobat 2.

Oculin
09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
If anyone was wondering what that RPG was that hit DSiWare today, here's the trailer.
[youtube:10pgd1bq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oob5M9v9GVI[/youtube:10pgd1bq]

Muzy72
10-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Shantae comes out this Monday for NA. Not sure about you Euros though D:

GrimsChild
10-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I think it comes out in Europe on the same day.

They said that about Cave Story though.

Oculin
10-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Shantae comes out this Monday for NA. Not sure about you Euros though D:
Nintendo of Europe released DSiWare set for Q4. Shantae wasn't there :<

BroBuzz
10-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah the new one is coming to DSiWare, but it was originally supposed ot be out like Q4 2009. Hopefully Q3 will be when it comes out D:
I thought it was suppose to come out in early 2010.

Muzy72
10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Didn't go to school today, so I'll be downloading Shantae the moment its available for download :D. Just wondering, what time do DSiWare games come out?

EDIT: Downloading Shantae right now!

Sonic62
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Came in here to ask a similar question. What time do the Virtual Console and Wii Ware games come out?

localretard
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Came in here to ask a similar question. What time do the Virtual Console and Wii Ware games come out?

It's usually noon or 1PM eastern time for me I think. I remember having to wait what seemed forever to get to download SMRPG. haha

NicoCW
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I thought it was 9:00 AM for EST. Either way, I have class when Sonic 4 is released so I'm not gonna be dying of impatience trying to find stuff to do.

someone70
10-04-2010, 11:47 PM
If anyone was wondering what that RPG was that hit DSiWare today, here's the trailer.
[youtube:2tytsl42]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oob5M9v9GVI[/youtube:2tytsl42]
Wow this is awesome! I have the games for the iTouch and I loved them. Too bad I don't have a DSi though. ;-;

But for anyone that does, I'd recommend this.

Oculin
10-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Think its Noon EST. But not sure. The Press release is released around 9am EST though.

Brineboy
10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Think its Noon EST. But not sure. The Press release is released around 9am EST though.
Yup thats the times for it though sometimes the press release gets out a bit earlier then that I think not positive though

sagema
10-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Sonic something... The name eludes me came on on Wiiware! It's a bit pricey at $15 but the game looks really good. I know Sonic62 would be proud.

Sonic62
10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Sonic something... The name eludes me came on on Wiiware! It's a bit pricey at $15 but the game looks really good. I know Sonic62 would be proud.
You mean Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1? ^_^

GrimsChild
10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Yo Oculin, is there ANY news on El Shantae coming to UK DSIWare? I'm really getting fired up to pla it right now.

Oculin
10-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Yo Oculin, is there ANY news on El Shantae coming to UK DSIWare? I'm really getting fired up to pla it right now.

I haven't heard anything. The game was absent from Nintendo's release list for Q4 in EU

Considering how much praise it is getting, I doubt WayForward would leave the game in North America. Then again, the first game never came out in Europe as well, but the title only got a limited release even here in NA.

DavyBones24
10-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Just got Pulseman for my Wii to try it out, and so far it a pretty cool game!
Although the special effects do give me a big headache! @__@

GrimsChild
10-30-2010, 03:00 PM
What do you mean by limited release?

Brineboy
10-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Well it looks like Mario Party 2 is comming out in Japan in November wonder why they skipped over the first one
(also Europe is supposedly getting it like a month after them I think or at least I read)

Panda
10-30-2010, 05:13 PM
^ Mario Party 2 is better than 1, anyway, so I'm fine if they skip 1. It better come out in NA/Europe, too.

Sonic62
10-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Just got Pulseman for my Wii to try it out, and so far it a pretty cool game!
Although the special effects do give me a big headache! @__@
That is a fantastic game. Looks amazing!

Oculin
10-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Mario Party 2 is scheduled for Europe. Idk about NA. I'd assume it would come out lol

Remino52
10-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Chances are it will be like SSB where it doesn't get released in NA until ages from then.

reviewmaster007
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
its a real shame that we wont see Earthbound (omg rlly?!), but can we expect Mother 3 for american release on the 3DS?

Oculin
11-01-2010, 09:29 PM
its a real shame that we wont see Earthbound (omg rlly?!), but can we expect Mother 3 for american release on the 3DS?
[youtube:gukn546o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/youtube:gukn546o]

the1stpkmnfan
11-01-2010, 10:24 PM
omg yay Mario Party 2! I hope it gets released outside Japan though, too. :P

Kelranox
11-17-2010, 07:44 AM
First game I purchased on Virtual Console was Pokemon Snap, no lie~

GrimsChild
11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Why would anyone want to willingly play Mother 3 anyway?

And getting all the Tactics Ogre games is looking REALLY tempting now

Sonic62
11-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Got a Wii message a little while ago. Demos are back for Wii Ware games! _awesome_

Shiron
11-23-2010, 01:19 AM
^Yeah, downloaded the demo for And Yet It Moves, myself. Interesting game; will probably download the actual game whenever I have some money for some more Nintendo Points.

Sonic62
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
The problem is my Wii is very short on memory right now, even for demos. >_<

sonicstick7
11-25-2010, 11:24 AM
awwww i really want points so i can get sonic 4 but i really dont know what games are good though >_<

Eonis
11-27-2010, 08:29 PM
When do we get something good.

DiZaster321
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I can't remember the last decent VC game we got ">_>
I need like 7000 points to get everything I want on the channel >_<

GrimsChild
12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Cave Story out next week

Masamune
12-03-2010, 10:14 AM
[spoiler:2ou0hq1d]WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/spoiler:2ou0hq1d]

DiZaster321
12-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Cave Story out next week
I almost said it's out already, but then I thought about what I was going to say >_>
I still need to get that game >_<

KEM64
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM
It seems the Virtual Console has been seeing more games lately. Not only did we get a VC game for the 3rd Monday in a row, we actually got 2 VC games today.

GrimsChild
12-06-2010, 02:42 PM
We got Magical Drop 3 and Karmov's Revenge which I heard were pretty decent (especially the former).

pikminsquad2148
12-17-2010, 01:01 PM
So apparently,

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ludn3r.png

Straight from NoA's twitter.
Sorry if this information is already known. I'm slow when it comes to hearing news. <__<;

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this one, since MP2 was the only MP I actually enjoyed.

Oculin
12-17-2010, 10:16 PM
So apparently,

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ludn3r.png

Straight from NoA's twitter.
Sorry if this information is already known. I'm sow when it comes to hearing news. <__<;

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this one, since MP2 was the only MP I actually enjoyed.
I'm not sure if there was a set date, but yeah it was on Nintendo's release schedule a few months back.

the1stpkmnfan
12-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Finally, something in the Shop Channel I will buy and play.

Im really speechless to hear about this announcement, when Yuso showed me a link to it. Im really excited to buy this ASAP.

I wouldnt be surprised if they skipped Mario Party 1 because of the Analog stick inncodent. Ah well. Lets see if theyll add it later, and same with 3.

JasefWisener
12-20-2010, 10:10 PM
I love Mario Party 2! It's definitely my favorite one. I think I'll have to buy it.

Kelranox
12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
I really want to try out Pokemon Rumble. Sure, the developers got a bit lazy with simply porting the designs from My Pokemon Ranch to this game but considering the price and different standard of gameplay, it's worth delving into. From what I've seen of it, the stats basically look random, which completely changes the method of battling. Just simple mindless enjoyment~

JasefWisener
12-20-2010, 10:17 PM
I really want to try out Pokemon Rumble. Sure, the developers got a bit lazy with simply porting the designs from My Pokemon Ranch to this game but considering the price and different standard of gameplay, it's worth delving into. From what I've seen of it, the stats basically look random, which completely changes the method of battling. Just simple mindless enjoyment~

Pokemon Rumble is very fun if you play with someone.

Kelranox
12-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Pokemon Rumble is very fun if you play with someone.

I'd even be fine with doing a solo story/campaign at first. I rarely play online multiplayer on the Wii, granted I only have one other game that allows me to do so.

Oculin
12-21-2010, 06:56 AM
I want Mario Party 2 just for the costumes. I don't understand why they got rid of them.

GrimsChild
12-21-2010, 07:20 AM
Does fluidity have a demo?

Oculin
12-21-2010, 07:48 AM
In North America it does

Fantom
12-21-2010, 07:57 AM
I want Mario Party 2 just for the costumes. I don't understand why they got rid of them.
I still have this on N64 ;) I love th costumes! The cowboy ones are kind of funny XD

FlibberMagee
12-21-2010, 08:02 AM
I remember Mario Party 2 being one of my favorites in the series to date, so I will definitely be getting this eventually.

Shiron
12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
In North America it does
The demo only has the introductory tutorial + the first few stages though, so you don't get to mess around with the ice or water vapor forms in it, unfortunately. Still, it pretty much gets the gist of what the game is about across.

GrimsChild
12-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Demo not in the UK :(

Played the Art of Balance demo which was pretty awesome.

Panda
12-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Art of Balance is a great game. Definitely worth the money.

FlibberMagee
12-21-2010, 07:08 PM
You know, when is Super Meat Boy coming to WiiWare? It came out in November for the other consoles, and I've been waiting a while. :P

Oculin
12-21-2010, 09:06 PM
You know, when is Super Meat Boy coming to WiiWare? It came out in November for the other consoles, and I've been waiting a while. :P
They're still trying to figure out what they want to do with the WiiWare version of the title. They didn't want a deliver a dumb down version on WiiWare, so they are looking into some options. They mentioned a possible retail release. But yeah, who knows at the moment.

The reason they are having trouble is cause of size limitations on WiiWare.

Eonis
12-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Retail for Super Meat Boy Wii seems like a good idea for me. If it means putting all of the content that the XBLA and PC version has (and possibly even more?), then by all means.

GrimsChild
12-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I doubt they'd put extra content on. Team Meat is having problems getting the regular sized game included due to Nintendo's capped file limit.

Eonis
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
So even for a retail game, the file size could be a problem? Shouldn't it magnify the file size from Wiiware?

GrimsChild
12-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh sorry, missed the part where you said it was retail.

Retail could probably port the game fully (No HD though).

sagema
12-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Mario Party 2 VC finally came out. It's supposed to be the best of the Mario Party games. Wish it was online. Wish even more Nintendo wasn't allergic to online playable. X-men arcade arrived on XBA.

Sonic62
12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
So what games all have demos?

KEM64
12-23-2010, 01:10 PM
So what games all have demos?

The ones that I know of are Cave Story, Fluidity, Frobot, Jett Rocket, and I think one of the Bit Trip games.

GrimsChild
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Nyxquest has one

Oculin
12-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Nyxquest has one
Nintendo removes demos, so Nyxquest isn't on it anymore. I'm not sure what demos have been removed so far, or if they have been removed yet.

Panda
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
It looks as though Super Meat Boy isn't coming to Wiiware, and the chances of it being released as a retail Wii game are pretty small. (http://www.1up.com/news/wiiware-super-meat-boy-canceled)

FlibberMagee
12-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Oh well. =/
I guess I'll probably have to look into PC version.

icemanx5746
01-02-2011, 02:03 PM
anyone else have fluidity, very interesting game, i love the physics in it

GrimsChild
01-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I played the demo for Hydroventure (PAL name for Fluidity)

Reminds me of a 2D Mercury Meltdown

Which is awesome.

KEM64
01-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Nintendo is starting 2011 off by going back to not releasing a VC game. No new Virtual Console games today. The 2 new WiiWare games don't sound any better (1 involves making things sneeze. I'm serious).

Zenemander
01-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Bought Mario Party 2 and Ocarina of Time this morning. I haven't got to try OoT (it's my first onership of it. EVER!), but played MP2 with a brother. It's fun until you get a game that you get ganged up on and end up losing an 80 coin award (with 20 originally being mine). Also went and bought 8000 Wii Points and a 4 GB SD Card. I only plan on using 6400 Points so far, so I don't know what I'll do with the rest. Sagema's right. It would be cool to have a Mario Party 2 game against some TSG members.

Sonic62
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Anyone getting Ghosts n' Goblins? I'm thinking about it. XD

pikminsquad2148
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Never played it. I might, since I'm in the mood for a game that will cause me to thrown my WiiMote at the wall. <.<

01-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Never played it. I might, since I'm in the mood for a game that will cause me to thrown my WiiMote at the wall. <.<

Nah, I already downloaded the NES version and nearly threw my wiimote many times playing that. :lol:

GrimsChild
01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Ghost and Goblins is pretty cool. Not as hard as everyone says though.

90HeroMAXD
01-30-2011, 04:01 PM
I got Super Ghosts N Goblins. I can get to stage 6 just fine, but that's when I start to lose my patience.

TheSecretStaraptor
01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I wish Earthbound was on VC. That would kick so much @$$. Unfortunately, as stated in chuggaa's Mother 3 LP, it simply can't be so.

GrimsChild
01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm amazed that none of the Thunder Force games are on Virtual Console.

90HeroMAXD
01-30-2011, 04:12 PM
I wish Earthbound was on VC. That would kick so much @$$. Unfortunately, as stated in chuggaa's Mother 3 LP, it simply can't be so.
he stated it in his Earthbound LP. Earthbound just wasn't popular enough to get it Mohter 3 in the states

Im just upset that none of the old SRW games aren't on the VC. Not even SRW F Final for the SS.
I bet japan has it though :(

Shiron
01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm amazed that none of the Thunder Force games are on Virtual Console.
I'm surprised Nintendo still hasn't put Yoshi's Island onto the VC--the SMB 25th anniversary was the perfect time to put it up and everything, but yet...

Sonic62
01-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Isn't there a VC game milestone coming up? Like the 400th game or something. Maybe we'll see something like Yoshi's Island then.

sagema
02-03-2011, 05:14 PM
So far I've bought about $60 in VC games. The cart originals that I still own can net me around $250(RPGs sell best). I hope Nintendo does the entire VC line up one day so I can sell my cart collection for $1000. It looks like Nintendo is moving VC support to 3DS. If this results in more VC games for the Wii. That would be awesome.

Sangome
02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Man oh man, Yoshi's Island being on the VC would be amazing. It's kind of weird that it's not on there yet, and I've always wondered why...

I'd also like to see Tales of Phantasia make it on there somehow, even though we never actually got the original SNES/Famicom game, I don't think.

KEM64
02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
It seems that even though Hudson's U.S. branch is about to close down, it's not stopping Hudson from bringing more of their games to the Virtual Console. I've heard that Adventure Island 2 will come eventually. And while looking around GameFAQ's WiiWare and Virtual Console Message Boards, I heard that the ESRB has rated Bomberman Hero (1 of the Bomberman games for the Nintendo 64) for the Wii (Meaning that it could be on it's way to the Virtual Console).

DiZaster321
02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Apparently, Yoshi's Island hasn't come to the VC yet because of some issues with the Mode 7 emulator. I don't remember where I read that, but that's what I was informed of.

And EarthBound will never come to VC because of legal issues. There are way to many pop-culture references throughout the game in every aspect, from dialogue to musical pieces. Itoi was offered a VC release so long as he changed/removed ALL the references, and he didn't go for it. I'm glad, because that's what I love about EB, what it is.

GrimsChild
02-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Man oh man, Yoshi's Island being on the VC would be amazing. It's kind of weird that it's not on there yet, and I've always wondered why...

I'd also like to see Tales of Phantasia make it on there somehow, even though we never actually got the original SNES/Famicom game, I don't think.

The only version released in English was the GBA version which had a bad translation to start with (A friend of mine bought the Japanese PS1 version for me for 100 yen)

And FFVI is coming to VC, Awesome.

90HeroMAXD
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
And FFVI is coming to VC, Awesome.
Welp time to spend another 20$

They need to release Marvel vs Capcom. At least the first one. I'll die happy if they do.

Zenemander
03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Which FF game is that? If you could, please leave a link. Thanks!

EDIT: HOLD UP!!! Is this the one that NCS played? If so, they better make it for the
US (Europe & others for anyone outside of US) because I really like it after getting to the 59th part.

GrimsChild
03-03-2011, 01:24 AM
VI in Japan, III in US/UK

Eonis
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
The one game I really want, Bomberman Hero, makes its way to Europe but not North America.

edit: I stand corrected!

KEM64
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Nintendo Life has been reporting a few upcoming Virtual Console Games. They are....

Hudson:
-Adventure Island II (NES).
-Super Adventure Island (SNES).
-Super Adventure Island II (SNES).

Links:
-(Adventure Island II) http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/02 ... _island_ii (http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/02/hudson_continues_its_virtual_console_support_with_ adventure_island_ii)
-(Super Adventure Island) http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03 ... sole_games (http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/master_higgins_has_not_one_but_two_upcoming_virtua l_console_games)
-(Super Adventure Island II) http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03 ... al_console (http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/scratch_that_theres_three_adventure_island_games_c oming_to_virtual_console)

Square Enix:

-Final Fantasy VI (SNES, Known as III for the SNES outside of Japan. Europe is getting it next week).
-Lufia & The Fortress of Doom (SNES).

Link: http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03 ... al_console (http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2011/03/square_enix_brings_more_snes_goodies_to_virtual_co nsole)

Apparently, enough to make you think, "Who says the Virtual Console is dead?".

GrimsChild
03-11-2011, 01:19 AM
I wish Technosoft were still around so they could release Herzog Zwei, that game looks really good.

Thunder Force games would be pretty awesome as well.

Oculin
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Apparently, enough to make you think, "Who says the Virtual Console is dead?".
Yeah it's been getting better for awhile

jdtwins2009
03-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe they're releasing more due to having most of their focus on the 3DS launch, so thus less/no actual Wii titles coming out for a while.

Oculin
03-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Maybe they're releasing more due to having most of their focus on the 3DS launch, so thus less/no actual Wii titles coming out for a while.

Possibly, although most titles seem to be from third parties, unless Nintendo suddenly started encouraging third parties.

sagema
03-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Mega Man X, Lufia, LaMulana(Wiiware remake), and many more great games are supposed to come out soon. This week however Nintendo chose to leave the store completely barren. No VC, no wiiware. Just a few demos and Darts! Yeah darts... I talked to Nintendo at GDC and the US rep there said they have almost no control over VC. I asked him who does. His response was basically, "I don't know." That's the problem with VC. There is no main person in charge. Instead he said a lot of it was tied up in lawyers and PR. Almost like a black hole or red tape. It was nice to see how much he knew about the older games. Clearly they played games like Mother 3, and have a desire to see them released. The problem is no one is in charge of that system.

Johne
04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
I really don't understand why Bomber man 64 has not gotten a VC release yet. And it is really seems like something Hudson would do since the variety for N64 games is slim to say the least.

GrimsChild
04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Since when has Lufia been confirmed for VC?

Brineboy
04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Since when has Lufia been confirmed for VC?
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/11/lu ... e-release/ (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/11/lufia-the-fortress-of-doom-the-virtual-console-re-release/)

Sangome
04-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Man, I would snap up FFVI if I hadn't already bought a brand new copy of FF Anthology almost a year ago. [Which I've barely touched. Which I should remedy here soon.]

I'll definitely be getting Chrono Trigger, though, since I've not played more than a few minutes of it [lies and slander, I know :T].

I wish we'd see more N64 games, but I know that's improbable since A. they take up more space [isn't there a cap on the size of games on the VC?] and B. I honestly don't know what else I'd want on there outside of Megaman Legends/64 or Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2 [which would probably be severely limited anyway without use of the transfer pak].

GrimsChild
04-19-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm still waiting on the VC release of Mischief Makers.

Oculin
04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I didn't get to make a Nintendo Download post this week, but Mega Man X is now available.

KEM64
04-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I heard Mega Man 5 has been rated by the ESRB, meaning it's going to be coming to the Virtual Console.

You know, despite only getting 1 new Virtual Console game every 2 weeks, the U.S. VC seems to have some interesting games coming like Mega Man 5, Final Fantasy VI, 3 Adventure Island games, and Lufia. The same can't seem to be said for WiiWare lately, though (A baby-raising WiiWare game this week?! Are you serious?!).

sagema
04-20-2011, 03:17 AM
I got Mega Man X. Capcom really nailed the formula with this game. Still waiting for Final Fantasy 6. Chrono Trigger has been put into the "we'll release it when we're done teasing you bin." I'm not expecting FF6 next week so it'll come out next week. Everyone do the same and we may get FF6 soon in the US.

GrimsChild
04-20-2011, 03:25 AM
Is the translation in the DS version of CT better than that on the SNES? I played through the DS version and I liked it a fair bit but i'm thinking of maybe replaying it.

BroBuzz
04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
. Still waiting for Final Fantasy 6
Screw Final Fantasy, I want mah Lufia.

pkGamerB
04-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Is the translation in the DS version of CT better than that on the SNES? I played through the DS version and I liked it a fair bit but i'm thinking of maybe replaying it.The DS translation is more accurate to the Japanese version, but the SNES translation has a little more quirky/silly dialogue. The difference isn't that huge aside from just different wording at a lot of parts, but the main idea is basically the same. I personally prefer the latter.

I'm still waiting on FF6 as well. Normally I'd be excited about Megaman X, but I already have it on both the SNES and the MMX Collection for the Gamecube.

GrimsChild
04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
I like the PSP version of Mega Man X a lot (I'm not sure if anyone else does though).

Johne
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
So yeah I was thinking of buying FF4 After Years today but I don't fully understand how it works, how I get to play the other tales, and if it's even fun I haven't seen a unbiased review of it so far. Anyone have any input?

pkGamerB
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
^ I haven't played After Years myself so I can't answer your question, but if you have a PSP, it may be worth considering to get the FFIV Complete Collection instead, which contains enhanced ports of both FFIV and After Years, along with some new content.

GrimsChild
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Axelay is on Japanese Virtual Console

Axelay is on American Virtual Console

Axelay is on Australian Virual Console

WHY ISN'T AXELAY ON EUROPEAN VIRTUAL CONSOLE?!

Johne
05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
^ I haven't played After Years myself so I can't answer your question, but if you have a PSP, it may be worth considering to get the FFIV Complete Collection instead, which contains enhanced ports of both FFIV and After Years, along with some new content.

dont own a psp that's why I would get it on virtual console, and I just like FF games on consoles over handhelds.

KEM64
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
So yeah I was thinking of buying FF4 After Years today but I don't fully understand how it works, how I get to play the other tales, and if it's even fun I haven't seen a unbiased review of it so far. Anyone have any input?

The Main Menu on the title screen has an option where you can go to download the other chapters (Wi-Fi Access Required because you'll be connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi). Each chapter except the last chapter (The Crystals) costs 300 Wii Points (The Crystals costs 800 Wii Points, but it has 3 chapters in it like the 1st Tale which comes with the game. The others are just 1 chapter each). In other words, you need 3,700 Wii Points to download the game and all the chapters.

To play a tale, you just select New Game and pick which Chapter you want to play. Just make sure you save each tale to a different file (You'll need about 9 files for all the Tales. You get 30 files though, which is more than enough).

Johne
05-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh alright that's great I just thought I would have like 10 different games on my wii screen but that seems a lot simpler and better. But are the separate chapters worth 3 bucks or are they over very quickly?

sagema
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm convinced after the many years of torture that is called VC, 3DS virtual store. Nintendo can't be responsible for an online store. They need to make a deal with Steam. If the Wii2's(next gen) virtual store is handled completely by Nintendo it'll be another Wiiware shovelware circuit, waiting 6-9 months for a good game. There are over 1,000 VC games that will never launch on the Wii. On the bright side they released almost the entire Turbo Graphix 16 library.

Games in Limbo- Archon, Batman, Bionic Commando, Code Name Viper, Crystalis, Deja Vu, Double Dragon 2, Duck Tales 2, Flying Warriors, Friday the 13th, Godzilla, Gyromite, Hydlide, Ikari Warriors, Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II, Journey to Silius, Karnov, Kung Fu, Legacy of the Wizard, Metal Gear, NARC, Paper Boy, Pop Eye, Rampart, Shadowgate, Snake's Revenge, Spy Hunter, Street Fighter 2010, Strider, Tetris, Top Gun, Uninvited, Vice Project Doom, Wizards and Warriors III, Wolverine, and those are just a few of the NES games. RIP Wii Virtual Console. We better be able to carry this service over to the Wii2.

GrimsChild
05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Add Breathe of Fire to that list. I have no idea where US & UK has BOFII but not BOFI.

Sangome
05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Chrono Trigger's coming out this Monday, it seems. I've never played more than a few minutes of it, so I'd like to download it soon. Maybe I will depending on how much money I get back from selling books...

Sonic62
05-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, this is just the push I needed to finally play the game longer than a few minutes. :D

sagema
05-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Finally! I've waited since the Wii launched for Chrono Trigger on VC. Nintendo's handle of virtual stores taught me a valuable lesson. If they can't put most of their back catalog up on day 1, it's never happening. This also applies to XBOX, PS1-2 games on XBL and PSN. Aside from full backwards compatibility, fully stocked virtual stores will be a driving factor when I buy my next gen console. Why? Because it really covers the downtime between games and removes the worry of your previous console breaking down. Old consoles don't last forever.

GrimsChild
05-15-2011, 03:34 PM
This has been bothering me for a while

Can someone explain to me how come Castlevania I, II, III, IV & Rondo of Blood are on Virtual Console, Chronicles is on PSN, Symphony of the Night is on XBLA & PSN...

And yet Bloodlines isn't avaliable anywhere?

Panda
05-16-2011, 12:32 AM
^ I honestly have no idea. It would be nice to be able to get the game for less than $40. Also, is Rondo of Blood really on the VC? Maybe you're confusing it with Adventure Rebirth?

BroBuzz
05-16-2011, 08:41 AM
I feel your pain. I've been trying to hunt down a copy of bloodlines for a good price for months now!
And yup. The original Rondo of Blood is on the VC. (Awesome game, definitely check it out)

GrimsChild
05-16-2011, 09:53 AM
They put the original Rondo of Blood on VC as part of last year's Hanabi festival (Pretty much the only thing worth getting IIRC).

Oculin
05-20-2011, 08:13 AM
I wish they bothered to localize it though.

KEM64
05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
[youtube:t34vmwbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7wmEyGuJxY[/youtube:t34vmwbo]

I get the feeling this is going to be the closest we're going to get to having an F-Zero game on the Wii. This game is made by Shin'en (The same guys who made Jett Rocket, another WiiWare game). It's expected to come to Europe on May 27th and the U.S. on May 30th for 1000 Wii Points.

Panda
05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
That reminds me more of Wipeout than F-Zero.

FlibberMagee
05-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm glad to see Chrono Trigger on the VC now. I've been interested in getting it for DS, but now I can get it for a lot cheaper. :P

05-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Its great that they're finally releasing great games for the VC again. With Chrono Trigger out now and with Final Fantasy VI, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom and Super Adventure Island II on the way I'm actually motivated to check the press releases Mondays once again. I'll be downloading Chrono Trigger soon and that'll mark the first game I've bought since Mega Man 4 came out. Yep, pretty long drought.

GrimsChild
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Another awesome game I want on VC:

Septentrion.

KEM64
06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/20 ... _21st_june (http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/la_mulana_hits_japan_on_21st_june)

La-Mulana is finally going to be released on WiiWare on June 21st in Japan. U.S. and Europe release dates will be announced after E3.

Hopefully the game gets past the approval process this time.

sagema
06-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Virtual Console will be continued on the Wii U. This includes a Gameboy section. I'm not sure if they will be playable on the tablet and 3DS or just the 3DS? I have no clue how Nintendo will transfer the store accounts from the Wii to Wii U. It looks like you can store your SD card data from the Wii to Wii U. The Wii U is fully backwards compatible with the Wii controllers. So Virtual Console will live on!

Celebeast
06-08-2011, 07:16 AM
^ Good news is good, though we may be waiting longer than forever for certain titles to be released if the VC continues into the next generation >___>

KEM64
06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Because of the launch of the eShop for 3DS, the Nintendo Download updates won't be until Thursdays now starting this week (which explains why there isn't any new WiiWare or Virtual Console games added today. They won't come until Thursday).

sagema
06-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Final Fantasy 6 is finally out for North America. Congratulations Nintendo! I waited so long that I no longer have the money nor desire to pick it up. Give me a few weeks.

Baltes
06-30-2011, 05:30 PM
meh, i already had FF6 on my wii

pkGamerB
06-30-2011, 07:01 PM
FINALLY. I literally just saw FFVI Advance in the store yesterday and came this close to picking it up. I'm glad I didn't, since I've had Nintendo points from Christmas that I've been needing to spend.

ff fan 4 life
07-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Final Fantasy 6 is finally out for North America. Congratulations Nintendo! I waited so long that I no longer have the money nor desire to pick it up. Give me a few weeks.

Yeah it did take them a while to finally put that on the Virtual Console. I'm quite happy they put it on there I can retire my cartridge now. Now put on the Virtual Console Nintendo EarthBound, Metal Gear (NES), and loads of other games that the list will go beyond TO BE CONTINUED!

KEM64
11-03-2011, 05:55 PM
This is sad. North America has not seen a new Wii Virtual Console game for 10 weeks now.

And in Europe, they haven't seen a new Wii VC game in 5 months!

Oculin
11-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Hopefully once Wii U comes around they'll kick up the releases again. For now, seems like 3DS is really where VC focus is.

Muzy72
11-06-2011, 12:17 AM
I want DK64 :c

[ Post made via Samsung Epic ]

the1stpkmnfan
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Heck, I would have loved it if they added both Snowboard Kids 1 and 2 to the VC awhile ago prior. But then again, the series hasn't been updated since 2005/2006. Eh, you never know though, it just would be nice to have old games on the VC to be very convenient.

Oculin
11-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Heck, I would have loved it if they added both Snowboard Kids 1 and 2 to the VC awhile ago prior. But then again, the series hasn't been updated since 2005/2006. Eh, you never know though, it just would be nice to have old games on the VC to be very convenient.
I don't think we're going to see much in VC games for awhile. There's a couple games in the pipeline, which is a surprise given how long it's been since we've gotten one.

Also, an online enabled version of Street FIghter II: World Champions or something on the Genesis, which is cool. Although those Genesis sounds are awful.

sagema
12-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Reggie vows more VC games are coming. Over +1,500 games to choose from Nintendo. Stop slacking.

GrimsChild
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Does the fact that Rare work for Microsoft now mean their games can't come over the Wii? I know we got DKC but we didn't get Banjo which leads me to want to know who has the rights.

Because I'm in the mood to play Blast Corps right now.

12000th post!

BroBuzz
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I think they were able to put DKC 1-3 on the VC because Nintendo owns the rights to Donkey Kong, while Rare owns the rights to the Banjo-Kazooie. Still doesn't explain why DKC64 isn't on there.

Oculin
12-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Does the fact that Rare work for Microsoft now mean their games can't come over the Wii? I know we got DKC but we didn't get Banjo which leads me to want to know who has the rights.

Because I'm in the mood to play Blast Corps right now.

12000th post!

Not sure who owns Blast Corps tbh.

Yeah, Rare owns Banjo, Conker, and I believe Killer Instinct.

Shiron
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
I believe Donkey Kong 64 not being on the Virtual Console has something to do with DK64 having Jetpac in it as an unlockable game and something needed to get 100%.

Oculin
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I believe Donkey Kong 64 not being on the Virtual Console has something to do with DK64 having Jetpac in it as an unlockable game and something needed to get 100%.
That can be removed though, although probably makes bringing it to VC less likely than other titles where they don't have to.

Brad64LP
06-16-2012, 08:20 PM
I read a pretty good argument on how EB0 should be put on Virtual Console...They said that since it's already fully translated, it should be put on Virtual Console for all to play.

Oculin
06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
I read a pretty good argument on how EB0 should be put on Virtual Console...They said that since it's already fully translated, it should be put on Virtual Console for all to play.
Starfox 2 is completed as well and would probably sell more units, but Nintendo doesn't seem to wants to do it so.

Panda
07-08-2012, 07:41 AM
There are a lot of easy things Nintendo could do to bring certain games to the Virtual Console.

Remove/alter the three controversial songs in Mother 2. Just accept the fan translations of Mother 1/3 and use them to bring the games to English-speaking countries. Allow a a slightly larger file size limit so games like Pokemon Stadium 2 and Resident Evil 2 can be added. Etc.

Corporate Nintendo just doesn't seem to care, though.

GrimsChild
07-08-2012, 08:06 AM
The one thing that mystifies me about VC right now is why Treasure hasn't put the N64 version of Bangai O up yet.

KEM64
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM
It's been a while since the last post, but there's a couple of things worth mentioning here....

First, the Wii Virtual Console is 1 game away from having 400 games on the service in North America (not counting the 10 games that were removed).

Second, La-Mulana is coming to WiiWare in North America after all. It seems EnjoyUp Games decided to publish the game. It's coming September 20th and will cost 1,000 Wii Points.

zach2m1
04-17-2013, 09:11 PM
All I know is that Earthbound is FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY getting released on the virtual console!!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lrzv ... nouncement (http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/lrzvgd/earthbound-nintendo-direct--virtual-console-announcement)

This is time to celebrate! I remember it like it was yesterday we had the PK Calling marathon. I say we have another PK Calling marathon just for the heck of it!

pkGamerB
04-18-2013, 12:01 PM
It'd be pretty funny to have a mini PK Callin thing, thanking Nintendo for finally re-releasing EB. Talk about full circle. The people working the phones would probably be sick of EB by that point though, haha.

GrimsChild
04-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Still waiting for an official translation of Mother 1

If it can happen to Monster World IV, it can happen to Mother 1

Muzy72
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
So the Wii U VC launch lineup was revealed, and as expected, its pathetic. Took them 6 months for that? Guess we're going through the trickle nonsense again

[ Post made via Android ]

Homura
01-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to play games bought on the Wii U VC on the 3DS? For example, MegaMan 3 is on both of their stores, so would I be able to play it on both if I already got it on one?

EDIT:: Forgot I could ask Nintendo Support about it. Apparently you can't :< Hope it becomes a sort of feature in the future though.

pkGamerB
02-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Technically not VC or WiiWare, but for anyone who missed it on DSi, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is free on the NA 3DS eShop until tomorrow (Feb. 2) at 11:59 PM PST. I'm not sure about other regions. Source: http://zelda.com/fourswordsanniversary/

Apple314
02-01-2014, 06:01 PM
^ I can confirm it isn't available on the European 3DS eShop. Boo.

KEM64
03-26-2014, 02:55 PM
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36947/gba-wii-u-virtual-console-worldwide-line-ups-revealed

The first GBA games have been announced for Wii U VC. They are:

• Advance Wars (€6.99/£6.29/$7.99) - April 3
• Metroid Fusion (€6.99/£6.29/$7.99) - April 3
• Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (€6.99/£6.29/$7.99) - April 3
• WarioWare Inc.: Minigame Mania (€6.99/£6.29/$6.99) - April 10
• Kirby: The Amazing Mirror (€6.99/£6.29/$6.99) - April 10
• Golden Sun (€6.99/£6.29/$7.99) - April 17
• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (€6.99/£6.29/$6.99) - April 17
• Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (€6.99/£6.29/$7.99) - April 24

North America is also getting Super Mario Bros. 3 on April 17th (almost 4 months after everyone else).

A lot of games next month. It's nice to see that for next month, the VC (well, Wii U's VC) is getting more than 1 game a week for once.

pkGamerB
03-26-2014, 03:41 PM
I was excited... until I saw that it said WiiU. If they're not gonna put SNES games on the 3DS (which is understandable if the 3DS can't handle those games, or if they wanted to separate handheld and console games, which clearly isn't the point now), at least let us get the GBA games on there. Heck, even just releasing the ambassador games for sale would be a step in the right direction.

Sangome
03-26-2014, 07:41 PM
I was excited... until I saw that it said WiiU. If they're not gonna put SNES games on the 3DS (which is understandable if the 3DS can't handle those games, or if they wanted to separate handheld and console games, which clearly isn't the point now), at least let us get the GBA games on there. Heck, even just releasing the ambassador games for sale would be a step in the right direction.

I wonder though, with the NNIDs being linked together now, that maybe cross play/downloading will happen at some point? The PS3/PSP/Vita can do that with some games, so it's only natural that Nintendo might want a piece of that pie. It's probably wishful thinking, but that'd be super cool if they could.

I'm pretty hyped for all of these, and they're right on time for my birthday no less. Hoping we see Fire Emblem/Fire Emblem 7/Blazing Sword + Sacred Stones at some point, because I'd love to play those legally.

the1stpkmnfan
04-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Since I couldn't buy NES Remix, I went with Punch Out!! instead. Gotta say, I'm glad I can finally play this game for the first time.